Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

(02-11-2022, 02:44 PM)Asa Wrote:  Doesn’t look anything like the blocks animations of recent years, or particularly birthday related so maybe a new look about to appear? Paul Coia is doing the intro to Countdown next.

The regular ident was used before Steph’s show.

It's the start of the build up to the big rebranding next spring.

''The brand transformation will begin from next Spring and involve a series of hefty marketing campaigns between now and then''.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kim Wexler’s Ponytail's post:
  • Asa, bkman1990, Ma76

Were promos the same as normal...if any were played?

Anything that gets rid of those ruddy kids gets my vote! The sooner Channel 4 goes under a brand refresh the better!

But I'm not sure about E4/More4/Film4/4Music being removed as brands and them all being Channel 4 ___ (if that is what they intend to do).

I can think of one issue with the renaming. What if they have something exclusive on the streaming service that drops at a certain time (like how Drag Race UK was at 7PM on iPlayer). Can't really say "And the new series of Walter Presents is at 7PM on Channel 4" when it isn't on the linear channel. That would just be confusing.
[-] The following 3 users Like TIGHazard's post:
  • KyleToons, Ma76, Si-Co

(02-11-2022, 02:55 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  Were promos the same as normal...if any were played?

Yes, they are the same - no changes at all.

(02-11-2022, 02:57 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  I can think of one issue with the renaming. What if they have something exclusive on the streaming service that drops at a certain time (like how Drag Race UK was at 7PM on iPlayer). Can't really say "And the new series of Walter Presents is at 7PM on Channel 4" when it isn't on the linear channel. That would just be confusing.

Indeed - they would rather say something like "stream now on the Channel 4 app" or something like that.

I'm pretty sure these will be preserved better in sites like The Ident Gallery etc but here's a rushed-compilation I made of the break-bumpers so far (minus the one I've missed).

cdn.discordapp.com  (again not sure if this'll embed)

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'
[-] The following 6 users Like BlueFrog's post:
  • bkman1990, fanoftv, Kunst, KyleToons, Ma76, Underscore_

(02-11-2022, 03:00 PM)BlueFrog Wrote:  I'm pretty sure these will be preserved better in sites like The Ident Gallery etc but here's a rushed-compilation I made of the break-bumpers so far (minus the one I've missed).

cdn.discordapp.com  (again not sure if this'll embed)

Really like the different colors.

The thought of "Channel 4 ADD SOMETHING" sounds quite depressing.
Hopefully they'll ditch the Channel part for the "digital" channels.

Looking forward for this rebrand anyway

(02-11-2022, 02:59 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  
(02-11-2022, 02:57 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  I can think of one issue with the renaming. What if they have something exclusive on the streaming service that drops at a certain time (like how Drag Race UK was at 7PM on iPlayer). Can't really say "And the new series of Walter Presents is at 7PM on Channel 4" when it isn't on the linear channel. That would just be confusing.

Indeed - they would rather say something like "stream now on the Channel 4 app" or something like that.

Which is what I expect them to do , a layer between the channel and the streaming service needs to be maintained
[-] The following 3 users Like Kunst's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, Underscore_

(02-11-2022, 02:00 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:   Not only do I still think it was a terrible idea to abandon the original logo (I almost liken it to MTV, not only in longevity but the way it was used so flexibly in its presentation) 

I agree with that. E4 was still a strong logo brand before it changed, the current one is so indistinctive when used as a DOG.

The fact they're not rebranding Film4 suggests to me that maybe the new names will follow a similar "Genre"4.

I was a bit baffled by rebranding the on demand service as just "Channel 4" but actually it does make a lot of sense. I don't think anyone who watches a promo for a C4 show doesn't already know that it will be available to watch on demand and I can't see them being any more likely to seek it out by being told that it's "also on All4". Everything on the channel is available on catch up. Arguably these days the on demand service is as much the channel as the linear schedule is.

The best news about this is it's finally the end of the utterly awful All4 name which I still can't believe they persisted with for so long.
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • Ma76, Underscore_
Thread Closed