Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

(02-11-2022, 08:12 PM)strollfan Wrote:  
(02-11-2022, 08:04 PM)BlueFrog Wrote:  Channel 4 has just broadcast its first new ident, after teasing us with the break-bumpers. I like it. It's simple but it works!
www.youtube.com 

On a purely visual level, there's certainly nothing wrong with it. But it doesn't feel very 4 - there's none of the creativity that I typically associate with their idents and branding in the last ~20 years. I feel like this is potentially part of a transition, as mentioned before in this thread, to the final product in spring.

Don’t forget though they tend to play a graphic ident into the news. The last look debuted before the news with the strange ticking clock blocks ident before we saw a full one later on. We will (maybe!) see more into the next programme. 

Fwiw I like what little we’ve seen so far.

These should be just temporary idents

(02-11-2022, 08:04 PM)BlueFrog Wrote:  Channel 4 has just broadcast its first new ident, after teasing us with the break-bumpers. I like it. It's simple but it works!
www.youtube.com 

Agreed - I do like the colors and the transitions between said colors. But if they did have this ident ready, then they'd be better off airing this ident when Paul Coia was introducing Countdown earlier.

(02-11-2022, 06:00 PM)Josh Wrote:  The sooner we can get rid of "pass it up 'ere!" the better, frankly!

Only took them 2 hours!

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • thomalex

(02-11-2022, 01:57 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Absolutely baffling to hear All 4 will be rebranded as Channel 4 next year. This will no doubt create confusion for many. They would have been better off renaming All 4 as "Channel 4 Player". Then there won't be any confusion at all.
It should have always been called "4 Play" from the outset.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • Kojak

(02-11-2022, 08:24 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  
(02-11-2022, 01:57 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Absolutely baffling to hear All 4 will be rebranded as Channel 4 next year. This will no doubt create confusion for many. They would have been better off renaming All 4 as "Channel 4 Player". Then there won't be any confusion at all.
It should have always been called "4 Play" from the outset.
You might want to rethink the name you've chosen.
[-] The following 8 users Like no1fanofthepals's post:
  • bkman1990, John, Kunst, Lyric, Ma76, thomalex, TVenthusiasm, Underscore_

(02-11-2022, 08:26 PM)no1fanofthepals Wrote:  
(02-11-2022, 08:24 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  It should have always been called "4 Play" from the outset.
You might want to rethink the name you've chosen.
It's not like 'All 4' or '4OD' didn't have a bit of innuendo behind them either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • Former Member 406

I guess All4 will be referred to as “Channel 4 online” or “Channel 4 app” or something amongst those lines. I’m interested to see the other channels rebranded- 4Seven’s basically a ghost town and E4 Extra’s only just been launched but E4, Film4 and even More4 are pretty established and well-known brands so it should be fun to see what changes are made.

(02-11-2022, 08:45 PM)F4C Wrote:  I guess All4 will be referred to as “Channel 4 online” or “Channel 4 app” or something amongst those lines. I’m interested to see the other channels rebranded- 4Seven’s basically a ghost town and E4 Extra’s only just been launched but E4, Film4 and even More4 are pretty established and well-known brands so it should be fun to see what changes are made.

My guess is that they will use the order "4+something" for all channels or almost, they want a certain order with their channels in order to cross promote them.

4Seven could easily become "4Extra" so joining "E4 Extra" or what it'll become: so that the two main brands are joined by the jolly extra channel.

Film4 might not be changed, because of it being an important asset inside of C4: too much of a hassle

Back to the overused football ident after C4 News.
[-] The following 2 users Like what's post:
  • bkman1990, Juicy Joe
Thread Closed