Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

Normal idents again just now. Looks like the new ident before the 7pm news was just a once-off.

All I'll say is why, why now, why the inconsistency? Especially when change doesn't happen fully until next year.

Quite late to the party here, but I'm quite happy that they're doing away with the 2015 logo (or so it seems...). Probably just a "me" thing, but the proportions always looked and felt dreadful compared to the original.

I'm surprised they haven't introduced any new C4 giant blockman idents since they were launched. They could have been developed further and the jingle reworked using different instruments or synthesized etc. As such, we have only been treated to 4. I do like them though.

So far, this new ident looks a bit simplistic for Channel 4 but I suppose it gets the job done.
[-] The following 4 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, samiach2001, Underscore_

What is going on here then!? We have new break bumpers and a new news ident, but old trailers and old regular idents. It's certainly a strange one
[-] The following 2 users Like thomalex's post:
  • Juicy Joe, Ma76

I could be getting completely mixed up here, but I seem to remember something similar happening with C4 several years ago, with parts of new branding being used before the full package came into use.

Like I said I could be mixed up so please feel free to correct me.

Simple: they have replaced the easily replaceable "news" ident, but have the kept the rest intact

(02-11-2022, 08:04 PM)BlueFrog Wrote:  Channel 4 has just broadcast its first new ident, after teasing us with the break-bumpers. I like it. It's simple but it works!
www.youtube.com 

I don’t think this will be one of the new ones we get next year. And if so it will be just for news. The press release says that new idents are being “filmed”. Meaning some more IRL idents.
[-] The following 2 users Like Upload TV's post:
  • Bengsy, bkman1990

To see a new look for Channel 4 on the horizon is certainly exciting. If there is one thing that the last 7 years of Channel 4 branding has not done well, it is variety. The ambient '4' idents introduced in 2004 did have variety. They produced tons of them, and it was nice to see different ones throughout the day. The Neo-Blocks era, 2015 to now, the ident package has been limited to four '4' idents (try saying that four times fast).

The news ident is a good portrait of things to come. Putting the logo back front and centre has a very 'back to its roots' feel. The break bumpers are fresh, and the colours are nice. I think they're going to be nice appetisers for a potential Spring 2023 relaunch of Channel 4.

As for the rebranding of the sister channels, I have mixed feelings. I believe that E4 and Film4 are both strong enough brands now to keep, and do not need a rename. That said, if More4, 4Seven, and 4Music are being renamed, it makes sense. I don't know what they would replace them with, but I do think 4Seven will be scrapped completely, and the other channels will merely undergo a cosmetic change, and have some programmes change

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • benzj

It does feel a bit odd though, having an ident and breakbumpers that don't match any of the accompanying longstanding idents or trailers?
Thread Closed