Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

The new ident (or one very similar) used just now before Grand Designs.

What on earth is going on with the channel?
[-] The following 1 user Likes tomo359's post:
  • thomalex

New ident going into Grand Designs
youtu.be 
[-] The following 4 users Like Upload TV's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, Si-Co, Underscore_

Reading the press release and thought the difference between ITV's upcoming rebrand and this were quite striking.

On one hand, you've got ITV saying they feel having the master brand and channel brand as the same are confusing for viewers so bringing back the '1'. While Channel 4 are doing the opposite and ditching the other brands to use Channel 4 in multiple places.

I'm not sold on the new ident, looks a little bit like someone made it on powerpoint to me. Hopefully what comes next Spring will have a bit more to it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tony Lamezma's post:
  • LargelyALurker, Ma76

What I'd like to know:

Is Horseferry and Chadwick [the current C4 house fonts] staying?

Or perhaps being fully switched over to the "4 Headline/Text" version of them?

(02-11-2022, 06:00 PM)Josh Wrote:  At least they haven't called it 4Play!

Can't help but think that the "HD" on the 4HD logo is a bit too big.

You're not kidding!

[Image: Channel%204%20News_20221102_19001955_ts_...20_685.jpg]

It's a nice enough ident, and also a return to a more formal appearance which IMO is a refreshing change after the past decade or so, but it does lack a bit of confidence. When compared to the original ident it's night and day. The new one feels anonymous.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 2 users Like thomalex's post:
  • fanoftv, Ma76

Very much feels like interim branding like this. Although they do look very streaming service-y, so who knows. youtu.be 

The HD logo being changed has got me curious about what kind of typeface they’re going to go for going ahead. I hope it’s not some same-y friendly Sans Serif like Gotham or Circular Pro, and I liked Chadwick and Horseferry but they’ve aged a lot faster than Headline ever did. I’m hoping they go for something a bit more light and crisp like the DIN era - something like Aperçu but a little bit more interesting would suit it very well, I think.
[-] The following 1 user Likes orange's post:
  • Lynetwork

Missing the 4 giant character already… I personally didn’t feel there was anything wrong with Channel 4’s on screen identity nor its idents
[-] The following 1 user Likes samiach2001's post:
  • Juicy Joe

Honestly think they should've had Fourscore in there in some capacity - even now, it's a very well known jingle
[-] The following 3 users Like NancerInTheCafe's post:
  • DJ Dave, Fac831, Ma76

(02-11-2022, 10:44 PM)samiach2001 Wrote:  Missing the 4 giant character already… I personally didn’t feel there was anything wrong with Channel 4’s on screen identity nor its idents

Well he was back for the 10pm link!
[-] The following 1 user Likes thomalex's post:
  • samiach2001
Thread Closed