Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

Love the idea but it just feels a bit unfinished, maybe a bit rushed. Just a couple of seconds more build up and a few more seconds at the end would make all the difference, so hoping their might be a slightly longer edit.

Great though that C4 are marking it's 40th in some way at least.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Bengsy, orange

It's a beautiful and heartwarming ident. The obtrusive copyright notice at the beginning is a pitty though... is that shown on air or is it just on the clip? Hope it's the latter.

Yes, it was on air and it somewhat ruins it. If you agree to let the channel associated with the brand make an ident to mark 40 years of it you don't force them to carry such a tag.

I blame Harry Potter - it was when ITV started airing them that I first noticed such things in trailers.
  • Andrew Wood, orange

Do we know if this is running in conjunction with their previous Christmas idents? They were one set I was more than happy to see year after year... Except maybe the sprouts.

Unsurprisingly, More4's two Christmas idents have returned this weekend. Are these now the longest serving items of Christmas pres having been shown since 2012? (Albeit with a logo change.)

[Image: tig96x96.png]

(07-12-2022, 03:54 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Do we know if this is running in conjunction with their previous Christmas idents? They were one set I was more than happy to see year after year... Except maybe the sprouts.

I've not watched the channel enough to see any idents but I have seen the Christmas Lights version in a trailor so I assume they're in use again.    Wish they'd bring back the original Christmas Lights ident - for me the best Christmas ident of the last decade.   It was dropped when they added the "4" into the idents, but it shouldn't be that hard to do that here.

www.youtube.com 
  • KyleToons, orange

Been meaning to ask actually so I'll stick this here:

Channel 4's beloved The Snowman air on Channel 4 around Christmas time quite a few times. In August, the author Raymond Briggs, who "wrote" the book The Snowman was based on, died. I think The Snowman has aired on Channel 4 already this Christmas, are they still using the David Bowie opening? Thought they might have wheeled out the original introduction in the light of Briggs' passing.

It was the Bowie introduction.

[Image: tig96x96.png]

Have they used the same intro each time given it's aired every Saturday for four weeks? Would actually not have been a bad idea to have a new intro to mark the 40th anniversary.

(24-12-2022, 09:06 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Have they used the same intro each time given it's aired every Saturday for four weeks?  Would actually not have been a bad idea to have a new intro to mark the 40th anniversary.

I don't think David Bowie is as available as he used to be...
Thread Closed