Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres

(27-09-2023, 02:32 PM)CATV Wrote:  This might be nothing but boxplus.com now has a message saying the streams on that site are going to close on October 2023.  Is this the beginning of change for the box music nextwork?

More likely is the service behind the streams is ending or some other technical reason why they are being discontinued, or just money savings considering the likely low usage.

Of course that technical reason could be related to preparations for a more significant change later on...
[-] The following 2 users Like frasergj's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here

(27-09-2023, 04:28 PM)frasergj Wrote:  More likely is the service behind the streams is ending or some other technical reason why they are being discontinued, or just money savings considering the likely low usage.

Of course that technical reason could be related to preparations for a more significant change later on...

A redirect to the Channel 4 Streaming Service maybe with all of the ex Box Plus music channels operating under the Channel 4 brand?
[-] The following 2 users Like StreamingTV's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here

Wonder how watched they are - last time I checked they were still under the wrong channel names following the realignment after E4 Extra launched.

Would hope they relaunch within the C4 Streaming app, but doubt they will.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • GMc, insert_good_username_here

Maybe they are just going to close down altogether
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Darthwell's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

If they're to bin them off entirely, it'd make sense to do so after Christmas. Viewership must fall off a cliff once everyone's had enough of Christmas songs.

I wonder what Trace are going to do this year.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

The Box Plus networks appear to be showing a screen that says "PROGRAMMES WILL CONTINUE SHORTLY" with their channel logos below it. Interestingly, Box Hits is listed despite it being closed after the merger of 4Music.

I assumed this related to the fact that Box Plus has pulled the plug on their website streams, but this is on all platforms, as I have checked Sky Go and it is displaying that caption.
[-] The following 2 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Roger Darthwell

Looks like the Box Plus is becoming a schedules page 
www.boxplus.com 

i.imgur.com 
Web Image

[-] The following 1 user Likes CillBill's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

I’ve noticed something about that new site layout, if you click on most of the other channels you just get the list for that channel but when you click on Kerrang! You get a message saying that they are sorry but as of October 2023 their channels are no longer available for streaming. If you click off of that message it reveals a streaming window for Kerrang! which appears to be on the old Box+ site layout.

(05-11-2023, 05:28 AM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  The Box Plus networks appear to be showing a screen that says "PROGRAMMES WILL CONTINUE SHORTLY" with their channel logos below it. Interestingly, Box Hits is listed despite it being closed after the merger of 4Music.

Some sort of maintenance window perhaps? It looks quite similar to the holding screen that appeared after BoXmas finished on Box Upfront and that channel closed entirely.

(05-11-2023, 08:52 AM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  I’ve noticed something about that new site layout, if you click on most of the other channels you just get the list for that channel but when you click on Kerrang! You get a message saying that they are sorry but as of October 2023 their channels are no longer available for streaming. If you click off of that message it reveals a streaming window for Kerrang! which appears to be on the old Box+ site layout.

Yes it looks like they have put some new pages up for the playlists alongside the existing ones which I assume will be removed at some point. There are 2 pages for The Box:

This one is the new schedule page: www.boxplus.com 

This one is the old one: www.boxplus.com 

(spot the difference in the URLs!)

It looks like it's still being worked on - The Box page doesn't have anything as it's BoXmas right now, the 4Music one has some entries in the B-List which are marked C-List and Fresh List so I expect these will get section headings shortly.

Looks like a pre-built template of some sort as the HTML has a comment in it which says this:
Quote:<!-- Main jumbotron for a primary marketing message or call to action -->
(and use of the term 'jumbotron' suggests it was original developed in the US).

Not complaining though, the new pages look quite slick!

Baffling they've pulled the streaming though perhaps nobody was watching anyway. Ridiculous they're not available via "Channel 4".
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, GMc, Roger Darthwell