Channel 4-Owned Music Channels Pres

Just to note that the playlist pages already existed, so it looks like they're just remapping the site. They were (and still are) accessible by adding /playlist/[channel].html

So… www.boxplus.com/playlist/kerrang.html 
[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(05-11-2023, 10:07 AM)frasergj Wrote:  Some sort of maintenance window perhaps? It looks quite similar to the holding screen that appeared after BoXmas finished on Box Upfront and that channel closed entirely.

Yes it looks like they have put some new pages up for the playlists alongside the existing ones which I assume will be removed at some point. There are 2 pages for The Box:

This one is the new schedule page: www.boxplus.com 
This one is the old one: www.boxplus.com 
(spot the difference in the URLs!)

It looks like it's still being worked on - The Box page doesn't have anything as it's BoXmas right now, the 4Music one has some entries in the B-List which are marked C-List and Fresh List so I expect these will get section headings shortly.

Looks like a pre-built template of some sort as the HTML has a comment in it which says this:
(and use of the term 'jumbotron' suggests it was original developed in the US).

Not complaining though, the new pages look quite slick!
'Jumbotron' is an oft-used term in web design meaning an oversized image with a headline or a slider to grab the user's attention. I've seen it quite a bit and I've mostly worked with UK teams.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • bilky asko

Although named after physical screens in US sports stadia I think?

(06-11-2023, 10:47 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Although named after physical screens in US sports stadia I think?
Yes, of course. What I'm disputing is that the use of the term 'jumbotron' means that it was likely developed outside the UK.

chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • bilky asko

Have they changed The BOX to Boxmas this year?

(28-11-2023, 12:41 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Have they changed The BOX to Boxmas this year?

Yes they have.

(28-11-2023, 12:41 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Have they changed The BOX to Boxmas this year?

Yes, couple of weeks back.

chatps.com

rxtvinfo.com 

RXTV Info has hinted that the Channel 4-Owned Music Channels may be up for the chop very soon

I think that is their speculation but it is really odd how they're kept at arms length, but don't seem to be something they want to either integrate more or sell off. Presumably they're at least paying for themselves or even profitable otherwise they'd have long been got rid of. You'd imagine they'd try and sell them first rather than just shut them, but I guess they view that as a short sighted option which may bring in a little bit of revenue in the short term but removes income in the long term.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, SB678, turbolazer

(10-01-2024, 05:16 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think that is there speculation but it is really odd how they're kept at arms length, but don't seem to be something they want to either integrate more or sell off. Presumably they're at least paying for themselves or even profitable otherwise they'd have long been got rid of. You'd imagine they'd try and sell them first rather than just shut them.

Indeed, also the thing that they have not been integrated into the Channel 4 streaming app is very odd indeed, probably they are waiting for the brand licensing deal with Bauer Radio to expire.....