An Audience with...

(04-09-2023, 10:15 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  This may be spinning off into a discussion worthy of it's own thread but have the BBC ever had an equivalent show?

"Adele at the BBC" with Graham Norton 
"Arianna Grande at the BBC" with Davina 
"Michael Buble at the BBC" with Claudia W

They were later repackaged internationally ".... in London" and sold well internationally. I think NBC aired both the Buble and Adele.

There was also the '... at the BBC' strand that started with Adele in 2015. A few more succeeded the initial programme: Harry Styles, Ariana Grande, U2, and I think a couple more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JK08's post:
  • Brekkie

Dame Edna did four!

An Audience with……. Another Audience With and One More Audience With……. (all LWT).

And she did one with ABC in Australia.

All of them hilarious.

Kenneth Williams was also spectacular in his. And Ken Dodd. And Lily Savage.

Modern day……..can’t think of anyone who’d be quite as captivating as any of the above.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • TJTSW

(05-09-2023, 05:42 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Dame Edna did four!

An Audience with……. Another Audience With and One More Audience With……. (all LWT).

And she did one with ABC in Australia.

All of them hilarious.

Kenneth Williams was also spectacular in his. And Ken Dodd. And Lily Savage.

Modern day……..can’t think of anyone who’d be quite as captivating as any of the above.
Victoria Wood’s Audience With… was also legendary. The statue of her in her home town of Bury is based on her appearance on that show, complete with the distinctive style of microphone popular in TV studios at the time. Sadly though the statue makes her look more like Wendolene from Wallace and Gromit.

www.itv.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Tim G, TJTSW

Peter Kay is surely the most obvious candidate for an An Audience With not to have done one. I’m sure Michael Grade teased that it was hopefully going to happen, when he was the ITV boss in the mid-2000s