Mrs Brown's Boys

(26-08-2023, 08:42 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Both Father Ted and Derry Girls have crude humour in them, just like Mrs Brown's Boys - this is why I could see Channel 4 taking it originally. 

I think many have a misty eyed view of Father Ted, with the passage of time that happens to every sitcom

Mrs Brown's Boys has never been a C4 style sitcom - indeed it's pretty much designed not to be. 

Talking of Irish comedy though and anyone know when The Young Offenders is due to return?   That's the funniest thing to come the BBC's way via RTE in recent years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Jon

(26-08-2023, 02:00 PM)London Lite Wrote:  A preview of the new living room and kitchen sets shown on a MBB trailer shown on BBC One before Football Focus.

[Image: Football%20Focus_20230826_12001300_ts_sn...07_703.jpg]
[Image: Football%20Focus_20230826_12001300_ts_sn...08_316.jpg]
[Image: Football%20Focus_20230826_12001300_ts_sn...09_987.jpg]
The branded items seem to have disappeared from the Kitchen. There’s almost a filmic feel to that set design compared to before. Nice to see Shelley’s mum back.

So Mrs Brown's Boys is on at 9.30 next Friday after Celebrity Masterchef.

Series 4 of MBB is on iPlayer as a box set.

Paddy Houlihan has co-written this series with Brendan.

Was it just me or did the episode have a filmic effect that it doesn’t usually? There were some scenes that seemed blurry also, so much so I cleaned my glasses to make sure it wasn’t those.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fanoftv's post:
  • Nige

(08-09-2023, 11:25 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  Was it just me or did the episode have a filmic effect that it doesn’t usually? There were some scenes that seemed blurry also, so much so I cleaned my glasses to make sure it wasn’t those.

Yes, they're using a filmic effect which was introduced for the 2022 Christmas Specials.

(08-09-2023, 11:25 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  Was it just me or did the episode have a filmic effect that it doesn’t usually? There were some scenes that seemed blurry also, so much so I cleaned my glasses to make sure it wasn’t those.

I was thinking just the same, I thought my Freesat box was not working properly - there did seem to be blurry at times - as for the content .... right, where do I start?  Oh yes, there was no content.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Nige

What is it with all the Blue Meanies? Its just getting boring every time Mrs Browns appears on the telly Blue Meanies come out in force. What these people always forget is TV is for everyone not just them.

What I will never understand is why London get in on the show, as others have said it's a BBC Scotland show. To London it's a FREE programme, for the network. it would still get made and it would still get broadcast if London said we don't want it now.

The stage show is ongoing right now, its off to Sunderland shortly then Liverpool, and it was from one of these stage show that got producers interested.

It just proves the BBC are providing taste for everyone. I still preferer All round to Mrs browns the chat show, and its this which should have got a new series.

(09-09-2023, 10:16 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  What I will never understand is why London get in on the show, as others have said it's a BBC Scotland show.  To London it's a FREE programme, for the network.  it would still get made and it would still get broadcast if London said we don't want it now.
I don’t think it works like that.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jon's post:
  • Brekkie, London Lite, Nige, strollfan

(09-09-2023, 10:16 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  What is it with all the Blue Meanies?  Its just getting boring every time Mrs Browns appears on the telly Blue Meanies come out in force.  What these people always forget is TV is for everyone not just them.

What I will never understand is why London get in on the show, as others have said it's a BBC Scotland show.  To London it's a FREE programme, for the network.  it would still get made and it would still get broadcast if London said we don't want it now.

The stage show is ongoing right now, its off to Sunderland shortly then Liverpool, and it was from one of these stage show that got producers interested.

It just proves the BBC are providing taste for everyone.  I still preferer All round to Mrs browns the chat show, and its this which should have got a new series.

If something is going to be broadcast nationwide, then it will be criticised. You're entitled to enjoy it, as many do, but other people are just as entitled to hate it, as I do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes strollfan's post:
  • Nige