BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

(18-03-2023, 08:04 PM)Spencer Wrote:  It was indeed a combined Yorkshire and NE&C bulletin from Leeds this evening. There wasn’t any acknowledgement that it was a joint service other than there being stories from Northumberland and Cumbria, plus there was the same combined weather map as last time with Bridlington again marked in the middle of the North Sea.

The opening line was 'Good evening, and welcome to viewers in the North East and Cumbria because of engineering works in our Newcastle studio', so it was acknowledged.

(18-03-2023, 08:19 PM)Mike Wrote:  
(18-03-2023, 08:04 PM)Spencer Wrote:  It was indeed a combined Yorkshire and NE&C bulletin from Leeds this evening. There wasn’t any acknowledgement that it was a joint service other than there being stories from Northumberland and Cumbria, plus there was the same combined weather map as last time with Bridlington again marked in the middle of the North Sea.

The opening line was 'Good evening, and welcome to viewers in the North East and Cumbria because of engineering works in our Newcastle studio', so it was acknowledged.
Well I’ve no idea how I missed that. Maybe I need a holiday.

I hear Bridlington’s nice at this time of year, if a bit wet.
[-] The following 4 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Former Member 406, Mike, Quantum+83, Steve in Pudsey

Apparently Uncle Peter was on BBC One HD this evening?

I have no idea as I only watch it on the iPlayer but plenty of make up banter!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johnr's post:
  • Superman1986

Probably a reference to BBC One HD Yorks and Yorks and Lincs launching on Freeview today. 

Sadly the social media people in Leeds don't quite understand that upscaling their vaseline-o-vision cameras is not the same as being in HD!

[Image: 337546002_896426528308992_55441200124462...e=6420E157]
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • harshy, JACKLUFC1998, Superman1986

They’ve gone to all that effort to make it look like they really are in HD but only they ain’t.

Pretty much all of the regions have done this, and it's misleading - a better way of wording it should have been used.

Midlands Today went with this:
twitter.com 

So they've all had a gallery refit in the space of 13 hours...

I've never been a fan of the sofas. Call me old-fashioned but I've always believed a news bulletin should be desk driven. ISTR that Look North (Leeds) in the mid to late 80's had both.
[-] The following 3 users Like Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • Quantum+83, Superman1986, TVFan

(23-03-2023, 10:27 AM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  I've never been a fan of the sofas. Call me old-fashioned bit I've always believed a news bulletin should be desk driven. ISTR that Look North (Leeds) in the mid to late 80's had both.
They also had both just before they left Woodhouse Lane in the red and beige corporate era. Essentially it was two sets at either end of the studio.

As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t mind sofas if there’s more than one person presenting. But now all the regional news programmes are single-headed, I think it looks odd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • chrisdafur

(23-03-2023, 11:30 AM)Spencer Wrote:  
(23-03-2023, 10:27 AM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  I've never been a fan of the sofas. Call me old-fashioned bit I've always believed a news bulletin should be desk driven. ISTR that Look North (Leeds) in the mid to late 80's had both.
They also had both just before they left Woodhouse Lane in the red and beige corporate era. Essentially it was two sets at either end of the studio.

As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t mind sofas if there’s more than one person presenting. But now all the regional news programmes are single-headed, I think it looks odd.

Agreed far better if there was a desk at one end of the studio and a weather area at the other.

For some reason we had North West Tonight in the regional headlines at 10:30
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Superman1986