BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

Very rare that Tom Ingall presented the main bulletin, I think only the second time ever IIRC.

(31-03-2023, 07:57 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Tom Ingall presented instead.  Looks like they did quite a bit of ringing around

twitter.com 
Has Clare Frisby ever hosted the 6.30 Look North since she was replaced by Old Ma Ackroyd?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • Superman1986

I think Tom did the 6.30 a few times while Harry was down south?

I think you're right about Clare, although she did appear live on the Harry tribute
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Superman1986

(31-03-2023, 11:15 PM)Spencer Wrote:  
(31-03-2023, 07:57 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Tom Ingall presented instead.  Looks like they did quite a bit of ringing around

twitter.com 
Has Clare Frisby ever hosted the 6.30 Look North since she was replaced by Old Ma Ackroyd?

I don't she has presented the 6.30 bulletin since 2001, however I do remember her presenting a late bulletin one Easter Monday (can't remember the year).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • Spencer

Did Christa ever co-present with Peter Levy in the final year before Look North (Hull) got bulletin of it’s own?

(31-03-2023, 07:57 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Amanda's Twitter bio states "Senior Presenter", which makes her comment about being asked to act up in senior roles interesting.  On the face of it, I'm not sure what duties she would be doing that wouldn't part of the job description of a Senior Presenter? (This is not a criticism, just interest)

It comes across like Amy Garcia is the 6:30 presenter, everyone else who hosts is ‘acting up’ even if they present the 6:30 most weeks
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Superman1986

(01-04-2023, 08:52 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Did Christa ever co-present with Peter Levy in the final year before Look North (Hull) got bulletin of it’s own?

Yes, I think they did.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998

I am sure there were several occasions they presented together. I remember Peter presenting the breakfast bulletins, lunchtime and the main edition with Christa on one occasion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kendal87's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998

(01-04-2023, 09:20 AM)Andrew Wrote:  
(31-03-2023, 07:57 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Amanda's Twitter bio states "Senior Presenter", which makes her comment about being asked to act up in senior roles interesting.  On the face of it, I'm not sure what duties she would be doing that wouldn't part of the job description of a Senior Presenter? (This is not a criticism, just interest)

It comes across like Amy Garcia is the 6:30 presenter, everyone else who hosts is ‘acting up’ even if they present the 6:30 most weeks

Aside from the ins and outs of the action, this has slightly confused me too - as a staff SBJ/Senior Presenter - my expectation would be they would present where asked/told, so I’m a bit surprised they can work to rule in this way as I’m not sure contracts would include specified presenters for specified bulletins.

Of course, on the flip side - and thinking out loud, I wonder if it IS the case now (and perhaps as a result to the move to single heading / getting people to reapply for that role) that there is a contracted 6.30 presenter and that’s what is causing them issues now!
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • Superman1986

I think after Harry's departure and the move to single heading, Amy was described as Lead Presenter, but I'm not sure if that was descriptive or contractual.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Superman1986