BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

Look North failed to opt at 1:30 so we had about a minute or so of Sportsday with no sound, before we crashed halfway into the first report
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Steve in Pudsey

Isn't that the whole point of the cue dots when they soft-opt?

If you have them…….
Most regions don’t

Leeds do though, usually use them before every opt, even the headlines!

I’m sure Tom Ingall has read more bulletins this last couple of weeks than he usually does in an average year
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Superman1986

(05-04-2023, 10:03 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I’m sure Tom Ingall has read more bulletins this last couple of weeks than he usually does in an average year
I really wish he wouldn’t wink at the end of his bulletins. He obviously thinks it’s ‘his thing’, but unlike with Michael Buerk or Ann Robinson, it just comes across as a bit creepy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Superman1986, UTVLifer

Yes, I thought it was just me. But definitely creepy and at the end of a news programme, just random and not needed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • Spencer

The upscaling of the Yorks & Lincs weather forecast during the lunchtime Look Levy was good. It makes me wonder if the weather studio has upgraded their Vaseline camera as it normally looks washed out.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Superman1986, UTVLifer

(06-04-2023, 07:02 PM)London Lite Wrote:  The upscaling of the Yorks & Lincs weather forecast during the lunchtime Look Levy was good.  It makes me wonder if the weather studio has upgraded their Vaseline camera as it normally looks washed out.

It's looked significantly better since they moved into the temporary studio so presumably they've had to move out of their normal green screen cupboard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrewF's post:
  • London Lite

The picture generally in the Leeds temporary studio looks much better than before.

I wonder if they’re using different cameras - maybe ones that travel around with the temporary set?