BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

(11-11-2022, 11:45 AM)Yorksman Wrote:  I think the sub-opt lasted between October 2001 and November 2002 and were presented by either Claire Frisby, Helen Philpot or Blair Jacobs.
Did Blair move to Queens Gardens when Look North moved

(11-11-2022, 01:21 AM)Yorksman Wrote:  Look North (East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire) is 20 (!) years old today, here is the first edition with Peter and Helen F in that tiny studio: 

www.youtube.com 
I know it really shouldn't as it's a serious story, but the first headline being the Partridge-esque 'Woman in Skip' made me chuckle.

Also, the classic local radio 'pluck three local names to show we're local' on the ident.

(11-11-2022, 03:49 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  How long before that was it a sub-opt for part of the programme with Clare Frisby? I hadn't realised it was quite as slick as this, was the studio in Hull at this point?

youtu.be 

(I think the You Tube uploader has switched the Look North theme tune for a later version)
It was very slick for the time - we're much more used to it now, but it was very well done. I believe it was done from Leeds but my memory may be failing me.

(11-11-2022, 11:51 AM)Superman1986 Wrote:  
(11-11-2022, 11:45 AM)Yorksman Wrote:  I think the sub-opt lasted between October 2001 and November 2002 and were presented by either Claire Frisby, Helen Philpot or Blair Jacobs.
Did Blair move to Queens Gardens when Look North moved

I think he did as I can remember him reading bulletins when the Hull region became full-time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • Superman1986

A look back from tonight's programme

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • Former Member 406, Superman1986

(11-11-2022, 10:16 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  A look back from tonight's programme

twitter.com 
Helen Philpot presenting from a different set there I saw?

Yes, that set was unusual, I think it was after they left the broom cupboard so after 2004?

Also, talking of sets, I remember reading that the last few weeks of the sub-opt was presented in front of a plasma screen ahead of the new show, can anyone confirm this?
  • Superman1986

Yes that set looks like a temporary decamp while the current set was being installed.

I think you're right about the last few weeks of the sub opt, a decamp for the new set to be installed probably.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Superman1986

It's quite astonishing to think that for nearly 14 of those years, they have used the same studio set!

I think it has aged quite well though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrewF's post:
  • Superman1986

Interesting to think the current set of Look North Hull has been in place since 2009.
  • Superman1986

It certainly needs a refresh! Bring back the red sofa for Peter?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kendal87's post:
  • Superman1986