BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

(11-03-2024, 08:29 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Leeds is / was also home to the HQ / playout centre for the Local TV / ex-Made stations, though I'm not sure if that's still the case nowadays, considering how much of their output has been slashed in favour of Talk TV simulcasts.

Thought Local TV was all through Comux in Aston and has been since the start?

comux.co.uk 

www.linkedin.com 

(11-03-2024, 11:39 PM)Mike Wrote:  Thought Local TV was all through Comux in Aston and has been since the start?

comux.co.uk 

www.linkedin.com 

Comux multiplex and run the transmission contact with Arqiva. Theoretically they offered playout and other services to Local TV but the big two Made/Local/Talk & That's hosted their own playout, not sure anyone used Comux beyond the bare minimum
[-] The following 2 users Like Stockland Hillman's post:
  • London Lite, lookoutwales

(11-03-2024, 11:52 PM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  Comux multiplex and run the transmission contact with Arqiva. Theoretically they offered playout and other services to Local TV but the big two Made/Local/Talk & That's hosted their own playout, not sure anyone used Comux beyond the bare minimum

I imagine the few indie stations left still rely on Comux playout? (Big Centre was a somewhat ironic example - based in Walsall yet played out in Birmingham, then once bought up, moved - briefly - to Brum while playout moved to Leeds)

There was a period where local programming on the Made stations had been streamlined into a half-hour 'Made TV News' programme across the stations - each edition was roughly 50/50 local and generic content, but they were all recorded at the Leeds studio (there was a Wales Today piece on the streamlining of local TV which pointed this out)

As such, this arrangement lasted all of 3-4 months at best before they reverted to the VT blocks.

The local magazine shows had been replaced with a similar hybrid programme called The Big Daily - which was meant to be produced from the Birmingham studio. Within a couple of weeks of launch, Birmingham ceased production, the remaining staff were made redundant and the show itself disappeared not long afterwards.

(11-03-2024, 08:29 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Last I heard, they had switched to the live bulletins from IRN / Sky News Radio (the only live output on the whole station, infact)

Leeds is / was also home to the HQ / playout centre for the Local TV / ex-Made stations, though I'm not sure if that's still the case nowadays, considering how much of their output has been slashed in favour of Talk TV simulcasts.

Ah right. I didn't know that. Thanks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tardisrotor's post:
  • lookoutwales

Don't know what's happened, but we've got BBC London News instead of Look North (Leeds)

Look North Yorkshire was late coming on air tonight as we had 7 minutes worth of BBC London before joining Amanda who was reading from a paper script.

I bet that confused a few people seeing Luxmy presenting BBC London in Yorkshire. At least Yorkshire came on air quite gracefully at the end of one of London's packages rather than just crashing in.
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998, Spencer, thePineapple

Wonder if something was going on at both Leeds and Hull, as according to someone on the Digital Spy Forums, BBC Radio Humberside had a fire drill?

A planned fire drill wouldn't affect output, they have mechanisms to allow people to stay in position to keep the output going. An unplanned evacuation is different.

Hull made it on air at 6.30 so it is surprising that Leeds took London rather than Hull, presumably sitting with a feed of Hull going through the Leeds gallery would have prevented fixing the fault, and getting CCM to put Hull on air would have complicated getting on air once they were in a position to do so.

From the look of it earlier, Leeds had opted out as BBC London went out in SD before crashing back in.