New Prime Minister Coverage

(05-09-2022, 12:30 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  
(05-09-2022, 12:09 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(05-09-2022, 12:06 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  BBC One news special didn't get off to a good start. Huw Edwards' feed fell off air (it had been breaking up since the start of the show - bad satellite link?). Near-immediate response from whoever is the backup presenter in the studio.

Joanna Gosling getting a prime time spot for once. Doing an excellent job on picking up the coverage.

Agreed - and just to clarify, Joanna hadn't been seen in vision when I wrote that comment, and there was no namecheck. No rudeness intended!
Didn’t spot any rudeness. Glad you agree on Joanna Gosling, dreadfully overlooked at the BBC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • IanJRedman

NC is taking Politics Live with BBC Two (with BSL and a lower third patched output on the output), BBC One is taking BBC News at One while WN is back with Impact~
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALV's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Unfortunate tech issue earlier on Politics Live: 
[Image: BBCNewsScreenshot.jpg]

(05-09-2022, 01:34 PM)GMc Wrote:  Unfortunate tech issue earlier on Politics Live: 

GB News providing the pool coverage from the Leadership result announcement I presume?

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 

ITV Lunchtime News lost the connection with Downing Street in the middle of a conversation between Nina Hossain and Robert Peston. Geraint Vincent picking up from the studio.

(05-09-2022, 01:41 PM)Ste Wrote:  
(05-09-2022, 01:34 PM)GMc Wrote:  Unfortunate tech issue earlier on Politics Live: 

GB News providing the pool coverage from the Leadership result announcement I presume?

ITN were uplinking the pool coverage to EBU so who knows.. It seems very unlikely GB News could put together any sort of decent Pool coverage?
[-] The following 1 user Likes aaron_scotland's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(05-09-2022, 05:23 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  

ITN were uplinking the pool coverage to EBU so who knows.. It seems very unlikely GB News could put together any sort of decent Pool coverage?
To be fair, their OBs tend to be of a pretty high standard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

(05-09-2022, 06:02 PM)Jon Wrote:  

I must have missed those. I only recall the coverage of the Platinum jubilee that looked like it came from a Nokia 3210.

(05-09-2022, 06:20 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  
(05-09-2022, 06:02 PM)Jon Wrote:  

I must have missed those. I only recall the coverage of the Platinum jubilee that looked like it came from a Nokia 3210.
I think the jubilee stuff (I believe you’re refereeing to the parade which was hardly visible due to the poor picture quality) was probably because they weren’t actually filming it themselves but rather taking an online feed of it, hence the poor quality. The stuff they actually filmed themselves looked pretty good, as it did today at the announcement.

Bet Sky News are enjoying being outside Downing Street at the moment, absolutely pouring it down and they can barely hear each other.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39