New Prime Minister Coverage

During Boris' farewell speech from Downing Street this morning, I just couldn't take my eyes off the fact that the Coat of Arms on the front of the podium wasn't on straight.   Dodgy

[Image: PM-Arms.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • Ste

Alistair Stewart must be the most engaging and engaged news presenter on UK TV. Glad that GB News recognise that.

Eek, the BBC link at Downing Street is on the blink again. You'd have thought they'd have a fail safe option following yesterday's disaster. Also worth mentioning the link with Balmoral failed a number of times this morning. Gremlins are most certainly resident at the BBC this week.

Now an ITV News Special scheduled for 4pm-5

A little pet peeve of mine but it's really bugging me that on BBC One there is a ticker sometimes for the BBC News Special simulcasts while sometimes there is no ticker...

For example, BBC One took the network tx line from the NBH studio E for the news special yesterday morning and has no ticker; while the news special today has a ticker as BBC One takes the NC tx feed directly. I wish they would make things consistent - aka take the network tx feed and never show the ticker for all NC simulcasts on BBC One
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALV's post:
  • Frances

Sky and BBC using the same helicopter feed but not seen ITV using it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TWO ident's post:
  • Toby brown

(06-09-2022, 03:35 PM)ALV Wrote:  A little pet peeve of mine but it's really bugging me that on BBC One there is a ticker sometimes for the BBC News Special simulcasts while sometimes there is no ticker...

For example, BBC One took the network tx line from the NBH studio E for the news special yesterday morning and has no ticker; while the news special today has a ticker as BBC One takes the NC tx feed directly. I wish they would make things consistent - aka take the network tx feed and never show the ticker for all NC simulcasts on BBC One

Yes I remember they seldom use network TX for special coverage… Last time I remember was during the first lockdown.

Looks like it's rained off!

Just a personal preference but I’d like it if BBC One didn’t use the ticker. It would be a way of ever-so-slightly distinguishing the BBC One coverage making it less “24/7-y” and introducing an element of viewer choice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TWO ident's post:
  • ALV

They fixed the 'Coat of Arms ' on the new podium so that it is straight. The podium itself has the 'swivelled segments' within the post as shown during yesterday's announcement in the QEII Centre.

However, it's raining. There will have to be a delay, or do it in the media centre in the Cabinet Office.