New Prime Minister Coverage

Has Ros Atkins ever presented on BBC One before?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pips2022's post:
  • TWO ident

Ugh. It's bad enough that the opening headlines of BBC News bulletins drag on for about a fortnight as a matter of routine nowadays, but I was starting to think that we might not finally get to the Six opening titles until about quarter past this evening...
[-] The following 3 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • chevron, Stuart, TWO ident

(06-09-2022, 06:07 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  Ugh. It's bad enough that the opening headlines of BBC News bulletins drag on for about a fortnight as a matter of routine nowadays, but I was starting to think that we might not finally get to the Six opening titles until about quarter past this evening...

Yesterday we had Liz Truss’s winning speech as part of the news special, which was then recapped at the end of the news special. A clip of the speech was then used in the BBC News at One headlines, and was then shown in more detail within the One. So within the space of an hour we’d heard the key points 4 times!

I’m not entirely sure how the next 90 mins are going to pan out on ITV. It’s typical that on today of all days they’ve got a truncated Evening News already even without the schedule changes

Whats happened to the itv regional news?

Sorry if I've missed something, but where is the ITV Evening News? Granada Reports still on air here in the north west. What an odd decision on a day when such big news has occurred.
[-] The following 1 user Likes itsrobert's post:
  • Newsroom

ITV Evening News on from 7pm to 7.20pm. The Chase started just before 5.30, although we had Tipping Point: Best Ever Finals on the STV EPG.
[-] The following 2 users Like GMc's post:
  • itsrobert, Newsroom

(06-09-2022, 06:36 PM)GMc Wrote:  ITV Evening News on from 7pm to 7.20pm. The Chase started just before 5.30, although we had Tipping Point: Best Ever Finals on the STV EPG.

Very strange change to the schedule. EEN is chopped to 20 mins on a day like this? Kick off on the football is not until 7.30 so you think they'd have cut the regional news to accommodate a decent sized EEN. 

Not everyone was watching a hastily added News Special. 

Idea
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Pips2022

Evening News started at 6.55.

Regional News ran full length at 6:25

There was a time they would have cut it down

The jib(?) shot of Johnson leaving Downing Street this morning was beautifully done, almost cinematic

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • harshy, Stuart, TWO ident