Loose Women

I wonder the logistics of getting an Ad like this to air? As they’re all wearing the same clothes as they did on the show today…

Would they have set up/filmed it days in advance? Or could they have filmed it at 10am(say) and got approved from Walkers to get it on air a few hours later?

Even though it was a three-minute long advertisement and some questionable acting, I actually liked the concept of seeing things unfold behind the scenes. The chemistry and chat between the panellists, etc.

Makes me think of what an American talk show called "Daily Blast Live" (a TV and online talk show that discusses trending topics/hot topics/debates and showbiz guests) do.

On the hour-long main livestream on YouTube, in between the 1st break and 2nd - and the same in the second half-hour, there's a BTS scene where they'll read comments or continue discussions with their fixed four/five co-hosts from the part 1.

It makes me think: could it work for Loose Women if watching live on ITVX, for example?

(15-05-2023, 11:10 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  I wonder the logistics of getting an Ad like this to air? As they’re all wearing the same clothes as they did on the show today…

Would they have set up/filmed it days in advance? Or could they have filmed it at 10am(say) and got approved from Walkers to get it on air a few hours later?

It honestly wouldn't have been difficult, the clothes are decided weeks in advance and they would likely know who's going to be in on what day. 

An ad airing hours later would be very tight turnaround so likely it would have been done a week or two ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • DeMarkay

And to think a few years ago any ad involving the talent during the programme was explicitly banned. Think C4 even got in trouble for airing a Davina-voiced Garner ad during a Big Brother episode which didn't feature her.

Some of these ads can be fun though - and some are better done than others. This isn't one of them though.

Shame it wasn't This Morning signed up though - a camera "left on" during the break yesterday capturing Phil and Holly "arguing" would have been trolling at it's best.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DeMarkay, fanoftv, JLav25, LargelyALurker

Ruth: “I’ll be back in a moment. I just need to go and visit the gallery”.

Who’s in charge* when Ruth is in the gallery, if they suddenly had to go back to air??

*not a serious question

They've updated the opening titles, in the wake of Carol McGiffin's exit.

Dame Kelly Holmes is now in the opening - and the shot of Carol and Sunetra Sarker has been switched to a solo shot of Sunetra.
[-] The following 3 users Like JustJamie's post:
  • DeMarkay, LouBlu08, RhysJR

Wth is going on with the screen to Charlene’s left/our right? Is that damage or dirt or something splashed? It’s looking tatty now.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • Gary Baldy, Si-Co

It’s summer and the guest panellists have started to arrive:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • UTVLifer

The Loose Women set is looking really knackered. Dead pixels all over the LED screens, bits of wood chipped off lots of set pieces. Hopefully it gets a of a refresh in September.

(14-08-2023, 12:31 PM)radiorebel Wrote:  The Loose Women set is looking really knackered. Dead pixels all over the LED screens, bits of wood chipped off lots of set pieces. Hopefully it gets a of a refresh in September.

I hope so too - so long as they kept the current colour scheme or tweak it slightly. 

I think, if memory serves me right, this is the longest they've kept to one single set. If it does get a refresh, one hopes the set isn't as bad as the 2018 version with two tier audience seating - and the awful eye-bleeding green and red colour scheme.
[-] The following 3 users Like JustJamie's post:
  • DeMarkay, JosiahStuart, radiorebel