Schedule changes and special progs following the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II

(10-09-2022, 06:22 AM)Keith Wrote:  
(10-09-2022, 12:33 AM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  
(09-09-2022, 11:28 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Channel 4 did have the balls. The host chose not to do Last Leg this week.

They might have been consulted but ultimately it wouldn't have been the hosts decision to make on their own. If Channel 4 had wanted the show tonight they would have gotten it. Contractual obligations and all that. 

The Big Breakfast went out the day, and days, after Diana died and coped suprisingly well IIRC. If that show can adapt accordingly to such scenarios then any show can if they're willing to trust themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if Channel 4 may be slightly risk adverse at present. It has the threat of being privatised by the government hanging over its head. I suspect the last thing it wants is to give politicians or tabloids an excuse to be 'outraged' by a joke made about the queen's death, which may then ensure the privatisation happens.

I guess so but in that case they might as well just surrender to privatisation. With a conservative government they're always going to have have the threat of being privatised hanging over them. If that is going to result in a channel 4 that's too afraid to risk upsetting politicians and the daily mail then what's the point?  The show might very well have been a car crash but at least they would have been doing what they're supposed to be doing and not playing it safe.

To my ears, Radio 1 was pretty much back to normal from this morning (from what I'm seeing on sounds). Jingles return and Newsbeat has started using it's bed again. I can't detect any sombre themes in it's music at all.

(10-09-2022, 03:39 PM)SunburntRock89 Wrote:  To my ears, Radio 1 was pretty much back to normal from this morning (from what I'm seeing on sounds). Jingles return and Newsbeat has started using it's bed again. I can't detect any sombre themes in it's music at all.

They didn’t use the normal Matt and Mollie opening at 1pm today, and I think the playlist is still slightly sombre, with songs played yesterday airing again today, but with the normal playlist being phased back in.

(10-09-2022, 03:39 PM)SunburntRock89 Wrote:  To my ears, Radio 1 was pretty much back to normal from this morning (from what I'm seeing on sounds). Jingles return and Newsbeat has started using it's bed again. I can't detect any sombre themes in it's music at all.

No the playlist is still much more downbeat than normal, and the Radio 1 stings or sweepers or whatever they are called in radio, are very basic ‘This is BBC Radio 1’ with no fancy production

There seems to be more free chat from the presenters but no games

(10-09-2022, 04:30 PM)Andrew Wrote:  

No the playlist is still much more downbeat than normal, and the Radio 1 stings or sweepers or whatever they are called in radio, are very basic ‘This is BBC Radio 1’ with no fancy production

There seems to be more free chat from the presenters but no games

Yes I put it on this morning and heard three of the same songs they were playing yesterday (No One by Alicia Keys, Mirrors by Justin Timberlake and an Arctic Monkeys song I don’t know the title of) - so definitely still in “obit approved playlist” mode

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

Similar on Absolute 80s today, a gradual re-introduction of more upbeat songs today, but still not using the Matt Berry comedy sweepers. It's also commercial free.

This One Show special... it's coming from the Morning Live studio in Salford isn't it?

Very refreshing not to hear MIDI trumpets and "ONEEEE" going into The One Show which is coming from Morning Live's set in Manchester this evening, yes.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Heart Dance this morning had its own show with a chilled playlist up until 1pm when just after the news it abruptly cut to simulcasting Heart.

Not sure where to put this but on Thursday ITV2 aired the Family Guy episode "Life of Brian" where... uh...

From Wikipedia:
The episode revolves around the death of Brian Griffin, after being struck by a car, and the family coping with the loss by adopting a replacement dog, Vinny.