TV Mistakes/Breakdowns

(30-07-2022, 07:37 PM)BrandonHTVYT Wrote:  A "fracas" on The Time the Place forces the show off air and This Morning goes on air earlier than usual due to the abrupt end of TTTP.

www.youtube.com 

Interesting with the two different continuity announcers covering the break. Was one a Central announcer and the other a Granada announcer I wonder?
[-] The following 3 users Like denton's post:
  • itvblocks, Si-Co, TVenthusiasm

Does anyone know what the hell was actually going on during thar The Time The Place clip that made those people kick off?
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • TVenthusiasm

I get the feeling that the guy was "disappointed" that they were doing a lightweight topic, because he wanted to talk about racism and drug issues.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • TVenthusiasm

One from Christmas 1991 at Tyne Tees. After the trailer, there's quite a few seconds of black screen, before crashing into the film. Any ideas what happened here? Was a TTTV ident meant to be played?

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like robertclark125's post:
  • Si-Co, TVenthusiasm

The 9.55pm weather on the BBC News Channel suffered a couple of brief sound losses near the start.  Then, when the forecast was well progressed, a still image of the break bumper appeared for a few seconds, before the weather bulletin was played again from the start:

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • Lester, robertclark125

This one from Tyne Tees, but from when Yorkshire were doing the transmission for Tyne tees, was caused when a programme, being networked as it were, by Central, ended early, resulting in viewers in TTTV seeing part of a central trailer, and Yorkshire continuity.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes robertclark125's post:
  • Si-Co

When YTV fade out the Central trailer and put up their Viewpoint 93 slide, you can faintly hear the trail continue followed by a Central jingle (a “coming next” type of announcement, I expect). I assume Central’s equipment suddenly cut from Viewpoint to the trail and this all went out on their network feed, including the ident or whatever that followed. At this stage Tyne Tees were still working with a dirty/very soiled feed from YTV, and weren’t ready to opt out, hence YTV’s impromptu coming next announcement went out to the North East (not for the first or last time by any means during the 1993 transition period). It’s not clear if TTT had an announcer on duty as they go back to a YTV apology after the ads and play out a clean ident into the darts.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Si-Co's post:
  • TesTVWhirl

(04-08-2022, 05:20 PM)Si-Co Wrote:  When YTV fade out the Central trailer and put up their Viewpoint 93 slide, you can faintly hear the trail continue followed by a Central jingle. I assume Central’s equipment suddenly cut from Viewpoint to the trail and this all went out on their network feed, including the ident or whatever that followed. At this stage Tyne Tees were still working with a dirty/very soiled feed from YTV, and weren’t ready to opt out, hence YTV’s impromptu coming next announcement went out to the North East (not for the first or last time by any means during the 1993 transition period). It’s not clear if TTT had an announcer on duty as they go back to a YTV apology after the ads and play out a clean ident into the darts.

It's unclear, but I think the announcers were on duty till at least midnight at City Road. I'm not sure why Tyne Tees weren't able to put their own slide up to hide the YTV slide.

(04-08-2022, 06:08 PM)robertclark125 Wrote:  
(04-08-2022, 05:20 PM)Si-Co Wrote:  When YTV fade out the Central trailer and put up their Viewpoint 93 slide, you can faintly hear the trail continue followed by a Central jingle. I assume Central’s equipment suddenly cut from Viewpoint to the trail and this all went out on their network feed, including the ident or whatever that followed. At this stage Tyne Tees were still working with a dirty/very soiled feed from YTV, and weren’t ready to opt out, hence YTV’s impromptu coming next announcement went out to the North East (not for the first or last time by any means during the 1993 transition period). It’s not clear if TTT had an announcer on duty as they go back to a YTV apology after the ads and play out a clean ident into the darts.

It's unclear, but I think the announcers were on duty till at least midnight at City Road. I'm not sure why Tyne Tees weren't able to put their own slide up to hide the YTV slide.

I think they were just caught on the hop. I don’t know how early Viewpoint finished, but I assume its closing titles at the very least didn’t play out. So YTV made their “coming next” announcement earlier than scheduled. At the point where YTV make the apology, TTT were expecting the programme to still be on air, and didn’t know if it was resuming. I bet the last thing they were expecting was the YTV Call of Duty slide and announcement. During the trailer that followed I expect YTV told TTT to roll their ads and come back to their feed for another apology, then proceed with local continuity and the darts. They were possibly still running a bit early but could fill later if required.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

It's definitely one of those situations where I wish we had recordings of that same error going out in more regions (depending on who else was taking it), just to see how quickly other areas responded to spotting the unintended Central output going out. I wonder if any region might have even been slow enough on the uptake that they made it right through to the ident, though they were usually still better staffed at that point so perhaps not. Like many things thought to be lost that have reappeared though, perhaps more regions will still surface over time.

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 3 users Like TesTVWhirl's post:
  • bilky asko, ethanjbrady, Si-Co