TV Mistakes/Breakdowns

(02-01-2024, 07:35 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  BoXmas just went to an ad break, played The Box ident 6 times before showing the ads. Was starting to think it was stuck in an ident loop!

All the Box network channels do that with their respective idents just before 6am as filler until 6 exactly (except Magic which uses ones for The Box).

Not sure why it happened this afternoon but The Box returns tomorrow so maybe related to that?

Not necessarily a breakdown by any means, but it appears as I'm typing, The Box is still using Boxmas graphics. Whilst retaining the main Box ident.

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'

(03-01-2024, 11:05 AM)BlueFrog Wrote:  Not necessarily a breakdown by any means, but it appears as I'm typing, The Box is still using Boxmas graphics. Whilst retaining the main Box ident.

The graphics always take a few days, think the switch to BoXmas graphics didn't happen until about Nov 3rd. Probably the same to switch back.

Happened at 6am last time, the logo for the channel in the top left goes awol when it's about to swap.

Last nights Friday Night Smackdown started with no sound (again!), it did get sorted out quickly and just before it came back a test tone beep could be heard.

The most recent example of a continuity announcer not being able to handle a break in transmission during Sunday Live this morning.

youtu.be 

It seems to have been caused by a snake getting in to the programme gallery. The continuity announcer probably wouldn't have even been in the same building but I suppose if she suffered from snakeaphbia then her ability to read coherently from the Radio Times may have been inhibited.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko, TVFan

Breakdown during this mornings Sunday Morning Live, and the CA sounds all over the place.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 2 users Like RDJ's post:
  • Bennyboy84, bilky asko

The PQ during Sunday Morning Live was dreadful as well.

Well she royally fluffed that up! Why did she inform the viewers of upcoming programmes later on, can’t say I’ve ever heard that before. First time I’ve seen that test card on BBC as well.

I'm assuming a director was frantically telling her to fill, as I'm sure any CA worth their salt can default to the age old "apologies for the technical fault, we'll try and get back to the programme as soon as possible". Then again, I've seen previous BBC One breakdowns in recent years where the standard practice seems to be to read out the schedule.

Was this a classic case of desperately trying to avoid dead air?

They tend to use a schedule slide rather than the apology slide if the issue is that a programme can't start.