TV Mistakes/Breakdowns

(16-01-2024, 10:58 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Yes these days that's very possible, especially when the programme could be going out online or somewhere like Ireland like some ITV live shows are.

They discovered this in the early days of television when the BBC opened its second TV transmitter.....

txfeatures.mb21.co.uk 

Must admit the transmission/infrastructure side of television doesn't usually interest me but I always love reading Tales from a Cold Field.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

A couple of things I’ve seen tonight…

MTV Hits - DOG kept disappearing and reappearing during ads and at one point for an entire music video it took the colour of what was next to it so it was white for the programme info and it turned yellow at one point due to a yellow ticker appearing in the top right of the screen.

Magic - Wrong programme info banner (top right of screen) EPG says Keisha’s Pop Squad which is actually what is on, banner says Rocketman: The Soundtrack
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bennyboy84's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(17-01-2024, 09:38 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  MTV Hits - DOG kept disappearing and reappearing during ads and at one point for an entire music video it took the colour of what was next to it so it was white for the programme info and it turned yellow at one point due to a yellow ticker appearing in the top right of the screen.

Its overlapping with the regular MTV DOG
i.imgur.com 
Web Image

Edit: It's back to normal now

(17-01-2024, 10:24 PM)CillBill Wrote:  Its overlapping with the regular MTV DOG
i.imgur.com 
Edit: It's back to normal now
Noticed while watching MTV Music tonight (21st January) while watching 'Gonzo: The Playlist' for a short period, as they're using the main, semi-transparent, MTV DOG on the channel (which would've been used for the main channel that barely plays music), minus the word "Music" underneath, it seems that the opaque logo of MTV Music covers the main semi-transparent MTV DOG on the channel (Side note: opaque DOGs are more prone to screen burns than semi-transparent DOGs).

WWE Monday Night RAW began with about 3 minutes of black screen with no DOG before crashing into the live broadcast on TNT Sports 1 there was no intro or WWE on TNT Sports bumper.

(30-01-2024, 10:48 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  WWE Monday Night RAW began with about 3 minutes of black screen with no DOG before crashing into the live broadcast on TNT Sports 1 there was no intro or WWE on TNT Sports bumper.

Looks like something went wrong with the desk at WWE's end. Not quite as described above, it wasn't black but was a freeze on the opening aerial shot, with sound continuing and WWE's graphics attempting to mix on and off.

On Virgin it starts with 5 minutes of black screen with no sound, the timestamp in which it crashes into live feed is 05:08. I have just seen this on the catch up version (I had previously recorded it and watched the recording) was it a different issue on other platforms then?

(31-01-2024, 06:00 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  On Virgin it starts with 5 minutes of black screen with no sound, the timestamp in which it crashes into live feed is 05:08. I have just seen this on the catch up version (I had previously recorded it and watched the recording) was it a different issue on other platforms then?

Sounds like a weird conincidence, some sort of issue at Virgin's end which happened to be at the same time as a problem on the WWE broadcast. Definitely an issue with their mixer, looking back at it I can see they attempt to wipe from one EVS to another but it gets stuck on the first one which eventually runs out and freezes. TNT went to their breakdown slide for a short while before returning because there was still audio. Back to normal after about 3 minutes.

x.com 

Yes it would seem that Virgin had their own problems with it at the exact same time as the WWE problems.

A lot of people saying either it was frozen or it was a black screen on that post. Really was a strange one!

Video and audio kicked in on Virgin just as Michael Cole was welcoming everyone to the show right before Pat McAfee came out. I’m not sure if there were remnants of issues with WWE’s end as they attempted to go to some of the ad breaks, the sound would go but the video was still on the live feed and not the ad break, coming out of some of the ad breaks there was a slight delay in the sound coming back.

This Morning fell off air a moment ago apparently failing to return after an ad break.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RDJ's post:
  • callumwatchestelly