TV Mistakes/Breakdowns

(25-10-2023, 09:48 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  Some tape trouble on the Network 94-disc Crossroads set.

twitter.com 

Sort of sums up Crossroads, dodgy, wobbly, and at the same time, fun and enjoyable!
[-] The following 1 user Likes robertclark125's post:
  • Spencer

(28-10-2023, 04:19 PM)robertclark125 Wrote:  dodgy, wobbly, and at the same time, fun and enjoyable!

They say the same of me...

Has anyone seen a full clip of the Warning Shot BBC1 breakdown from 1985 where the picture goes, breakdown slide appears but the sound from the movie continues over the slide until it stops as it sounds like the tape or reel fails.

It’s in a compilation on YouTube but I can’t seem to find it on its own

(31-10-2023, 10:37 AM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  Has anyone seen a full clip of the Warning Shot BBC1 breakdown from 1985 where the picture goes, breakdown slide appears but the sound from the movie continues over the slide until it stops as it sounds like the tape or reel fails.

It’s in a compilation on YouTube but I can’t seem to find it on its own

Can you remember the exact date of the breakdown?

Not sure but it starts from 5:17 here

youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bennyboy84's post:
  • TVFan

According to Genome, July 20 1985.
genome.ch.bbc.co.uk 

BBC Alba had a breakdown earlier during the Scotland v Nederlands Women's Nations League match:

up.metropol247.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, JamieMurph25

(31-10-2023, 11:02 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  BBC Alba had a breakdown earlier during the Scotland v Nederlands Women's Nations League match:

up.metropol247.co.uk 

I'm surprised they went to an ident first before cutting to a breakdown slide.

(01-11-2023, 12:48 AM)callumwatchestelly Wrote:  I'm surprised they went to an ident first before cutting to a breakdown slide.
Presumably not intentional, it's probably the next junction that they've gone to rather than the caption. 

Without an understanding of Gaelic it's difficult to know what the announcement was

Looks like the satellite link was lost, probably rain related
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

All of Channel 4's music channels (The Box, Magic, Kiss, Kerrang!, 4Music) are on a network breakdown slide, with Box Hits still on it for some reason.

Text reads 'programmes will continue shortly'.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'
[-] The following 2 users Like BlueFrog's post:
  • Allanbuzzy, callumwatchestelly