ITV News

Looking at the comments on the ITV Logo Rebrand; we may only see brief changes to ITV News.

Does anybody know what if any changes we can expect?
[-] The following 2 users Like Ben Shatliff's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

I think the post said minor changes to fonts and small tweaks later on?
[-] The following 2 users Like mokked's post:

I generally thought ITV/ITN would’ve used this November to have a little refresh of ITV News - especially with the new video service they’re launching. Disappointing to hear it’s only a logo refresh. The new ITV 1 logo is hideous too.
[-] The following 2 users Like LiamFitz's post:

(05-10-2022, 12:55 PM)LiamFitz Wrote:  I generally thought ITV/ITN would’ve used this November to have a little refresh of ITV News - especially with the new video service they’re launching. Disappointing to hear it’s only a logo refresh. The new ITV 1 logo is hideous too.
ITV News looks fine as it is, it doesn't need changing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBCMeridian's post:
  • Stuart

a strange start to itv news tonight troubles with the autocue and the second story in the intro was the top story tonight never uselly happens

Surely this is too close to appearing like a real news report in advertising.

It's basing itself off a ITV News regional studio.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TIGHazard's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(13-10-2022, 01:56 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  Surely this is too close to appearing like a real news report in advertising.

That looks nothing like the current ITV News design. Plus, Pam Royle is no longer an ITV employee. I can't see how it could be in any way misleading.
[-] The following 5 users Like GMc's post:
  • bilky asko, chevron, Jayesyn, London Lite, Superman1986

(13-10-2022, 03:12 PM)GMc Wrote:  
(13-10-2022, 01:56 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  Surely this is too close to appearing like a real news report in advertising.

That looks nothing like the current ITV News design. Plus, Pam Royle is no longer an ITV employee. I can't see how it could be in any way misleading.

Tyne Tees still use that same window view and it was played before the regional news today at 1.55

The only reason I brought it up is because I was with someone who was briefly confused before it became clear it was an advert. Got to remember people aren't always up to date on who is a presenter anymore or exactly what the studio looks like.

www.youtube.com 

That looks more like N9 at TVC than any ITV News set. An Afghan channel - Kabul TV1 used that same (virtual) set complete with a copy of the 1999 N24 countdown up until fairly recently too.

(14-10-2022, 04:22 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  

www.youtube.com 

That looks more like N9 at TVC than any ITV News set. An Afghan channel - Kabul TV1 used that same (virtual) set complete with a copy of the 1999 N24 countdown up until fairly recently too.

It’s actually based off the virtual set for Mustard TV!

www.mikeafford.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Critique's post:
  • bilky asko, London Lite

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread