ITV News

Did you see the "LIVE" graphic over pictures of a Shell Petrol forecourt. It was broad daylight so I doubt it was LIVE at 7pm
[-] The following 2 users Like watchingtv's post:
  • Stuart, Superman1986

(27-10-2022, 07:26 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  Did you see the "LIVE" graphic over pictures of a Shell Petrol forecourt. It was broad daylight so I doubt it was LIVE at 7pm

[Image: 1666945938_794449770.png]
No live bug there…

BTW Lucy presented the weather last night from a pumpkin farm in Kent, she showed some customised ITV Weather pumpkins during the halfway headlines but it’s pity that they’re not in the weather segment!

(28-10-2022, 09:36 AM)Frances Wrote:  
(27-10-2022, 07:26 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  Did you see the "LIVE" graphic over pictures of a Shell Petrol forecourt. It was broad daylight so I doubt it was LIVE at 7pm

[Image: 1666945938_794449770.png]
No live bug there…

BTW Lucy presented the weather last night from a pumpkin farm in Kent, she showed some customised ITV Weather pumpkins during the halfway headlines but it’s pity that they’re not in the weather segment!
During the headlines

(28-10-2022, 12:51 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  
(28-10-2022, 09:36 AM)Frances Wrote:  [Image: 1666945938_794449770.png]
No live bug there…

During the headlines
[Image: 1666960474_75883571.png]
Oh it’s here… And it’s the same footage used at the beginning of the programme.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Frances's post:
  • watchingtv

Oops... ITV News London aston just appeared on the Evening News.
[-] The following 1 user Likes what's post:
  • Superman1986

Amber de Botton, currently Head of UK News at ITV News, has been appointed Downing Street Director of Communications:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Omnipresent's post:
  • bkman1990

(18-10-2022, 07:28 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(18-10-2022, 07:26 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I’m surprised nobody has mentioned that the ITV Evening News fell off air for about 30 seconds earlier.

They were in the middle of a chat with Robert Peston when colour bars and a tone appeared.

Within that 30 seconds we missed no more than about half of one of Robert’s sentences

twitter.com 

Operator error at ITN.

They were doing a line-up for C4 News and the wrong o/g line was switched by mistake.
[-] The following 3 users Like freddy's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, Roger Darthwell

Mary Nightingale amusingly called the ITV News’ Entertainment reporter “Rishi Sunak” tonight after the live report he did from Australia
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

I perfectly agree that the ITV News Branding is fantastic but I also agree it is almost ten years old. Very soon it will be longer than TVAM were on air.

I am unsure other than TVAM any other Branding which has lasted longer.

That is why I agree a Refresh and Revamp is needed for Freshness and Innovation. Otherwise we could say the same in ten years; by then in use for 20 Years.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ben Shatliff's post:
  • DeMarkay, Superman1986, UTVLifer

I understand we're on a tv pres site and so we love a refresh, but if you think branding is fantastic then why would they change it!?

Personally, I think the set still looks great and fresh and has not dated at all - they have a brand that works, and works well, and if that lasts for 20 years and still looks fresh then great.

It's the same for BBC News - again, I understand there are elements that might need some tweaks, but the brand still looks good in my view. The brand of cream/white and red, the pips, etc, has lasted 23 years and I just don't think there's any chance (or indeed need) to move away from that. People associate those things with BBC News and that is what a good brand does.

Both BBC News & ITV News have, in my view, strong and easily identifiable brands that work. That doesn't mean you can't tweak elements, but much as you wouldn't get Coca Cola going yellow rather than red, you don't change a successful brand without a very good reason.
[-] The following 11 users Like steve's post:
  • Ben Shatliff, bkman1990, chevron, DTV, Jayesyn, London Lite, Ma76, Newsroom, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, VMPhil

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread