ITV News

The current ITV News presentation does not need to be drastically changed - just a little tweak here and there, a little sprucing up is all the need to do.

Remember, ITV News have the luxury of their news presentation all being virtual reality, computer generated. No real physical change is needed. The desk areas can remain, just a fresher look to the backdrop.

I would like to see the empty control gallery which we see on every bulletin changed a bit, maybe adding in new colours and tweak the lighting, with a little tweak to the opening titles. That is all that is required.

As said before, this current package will be a decade old, and considering this rebranding happening, then what a better time than to spruce up their news presentation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Superman1986

The jib doesn’t seem to be in operation for tonight’s evening news opener… just a still wide shot of the studio whilst the voice opener introduced Mary.

(14-11-2022, 07:33 PM)LiamFitz Wrote:  The jib doesn’t seem to be in operation for tonight’s evening news opener… just a still wide shot of the studio whilst the voice opener introduced Mary.

That has happened at times, when they don't have an operator present to work the jib.

Don't think I've seen this before - must be new

up.metropol247.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVenthusiasm's post:
  • Superman1986

(15-11-2022, 07:33 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Don't think I've seen this before - must be new

up.metropol247.co.uk 

There used to be an ITV break bumper before the Evening News (for the past few months, anyway - after years of the regional news going straight into the EN). This must have replaced it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances, TVenthusiasm

That's seen quite often here in London
[-] The following 3 users Like dbl's post:
  • bkman1990, Kojak, TVenthusiasm

(15-11-2022, 09:38 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 07:33 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Don't think I've seen this before - must be new

up.metropol247.co.uk 

There used to be an ITV break bumper before the Evening News (for the past few months, anyway - after years of the regional news going straight into the EN). This must have replaced it.
And tonight’s Evening News began immediately after the regional news… Is the commercial break gone?
[-] The following 2 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, TVenthusiasm

There is only ever a commercial break in exceptional circumstances (such as when they were catching up on adverts following the mourning period, or when there is an abnormal prime time schedule ahead)
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances, Kojak

Does anyone else think there is still (nearly three years on!) a big hole in the presenter line-up since Alastair Stewart left? Until the start of 2020, whenever any of the main presenters (so Nina, Mary, Tom/Julie/Rageh) were away, 9 times out of 10 Alastair would fill in. Now it seems to be anyone and everyone. Over the past few months I've seen Lucrezia and Chris Ship on News at Ten, Gamal on the Lunchtime and even Evening News, and it seems anyone walking along Gray's Inn Road gets to do the Lunchtime News. I don't know. It just seems to lack consistency now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • sgreen93

(16-11-2022, 12:07 AM)Kojak Wrote:  Does anyone else think there is still (nearly three years on!) a big hole in the presenter line-up since Alastair Stewart left? Until the start of 2020, whenever any of the main presenters (so Nina, Mary, Tom/Julie/Rageh) were away, 9 times out of 10 Alastair would fill in. Now it seems to be anyone and everyone. Over the past few months I've seen Lucrezia and Chris Ship on News at Ten, Gamal on the Lunchtime and even Evening News, and it seems anyone walking along Gray's Inn Road gets to do the Lunchtime News. I don't know. It just seems to lack consistency now.
Someone do correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m very sure Mary hasn’t presented NAT since Tom Brady replaced Mark Austin. I believe that she made it very clear at the time she wouldn’t be continuing with NAT in any capacity. I’ve had a look on YouTube and can’t see a trace of her doing so.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread