ITV News

Those low effort news promos inserts are not good. Just clips without any context at all.

2 million for BBC News at Ten? Does any national news bulletin score anything higher than 3 million anymore during the week?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • Superman1986

(02-01-2024, 02:29 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  2 million for BBC News at Ten? Does any national news bulletin score anything higher than 3 million anymore during the week?

Yes - the BBC News at Six and the BBC Regional News at 6:30pm are very often above / well above 3m.
[-] The following 2 users Like Reith85's post:
  • JMT1985, TJTSW

Bit of a dubious choice of sports headline on the late news tonight.

twitter.com 

Did anyone see just now on the Lunchtime News where they put an “Anna Firth MP - Conservative” caption over a clip of Madonna instead of the ‘coming up’ title?
[-] The following 1 user Likes western's post:
  • Superman1986

For some reason Charlene slowed down reading out the link to Robert Moores story and had to "move on" instead of going to the report. Charlene then had to read a few lines from script for the next story but has since returned to autocue and Rohit Kachroo.

Edit. Charlene has thrown to Robert Moores report

(19-01-2024, 02:45 PM)western Wrote:  Did anyone see just now on the Lunchtime News where they put an “Anna Firth MP - Conservative” caption over a clip of Madonna instead of the ‘coming up’ title?

(29-01-2024, 07:42 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  For some reason Charlene slowed down reading out the link to Robert Moores story and had to "move on" instead of going to the report. Charlene then had to read a few lines from script for the next story but has since returned to autocue and Rohit Kachroo.

Edit. Charlene has thrown to Robert Moores report

Am I alone in thinking that chronicling minor glitches on ITV News (or any other broadcaster) in minute detail is neither productive nor the intended purpose of this website?
[-] The following 11 users Like Skygeek's post:
  • Brekkie, chris, dbl, EJnutz, London Lite, MFTJA, PatrZDZ, Pips2022, Rob Francis, Stockland Hillman, yogibarney

(30-01-2024, 01:50 AM)Skygeek Wrote:  Am I alone in thinking that chronicling minor glitches on ITV News (or any other broadcaster) in minute detail is neither productive nor the intended purpose of this website?

If there is one place on the internet that would be suitable for detailing presentational glitches, then I imagine it would be a presentation forum.

If the moderators did not raise an issue at the time, then I don’t think it should be the place of other members to try and dictate what people should and should not post.

We all find different aspects of presentation interesting, I really fail to see what benefit someone gets from telling another person that they did not find their post interesting or ‘productive’.
[-] The following 9 users Like AaronTV's post:
  • arbrax, interestednovice, itsrobert, Jayesyn, Luc, MLehon, oscillon, scottishtv, watchingtv

(30-01-2024, 12:58 PM)AaronTV Wrote:  If there is one place on the internet that would be suitable for detailing presentational glitches, then I imagine it would be a presentation forum.

If the moderators did not raise an issue at the time, then I don’t think it should be the place of other members to try and dictate what people should and should not post.

We all find different aspects of presentation interesting, I really fail to see what benefit someone gets from telling another person that they did not find their post interesting or ‘productive’.

One stray name caption or a VT failing to cue, though? Feels nitpicky of people who work very hard to put the programmes on-screen and not helpful to the sort of ongoing dialogue that makes this a fun and interesting place to be.

How does one respond other than: "Yeah, that happened"?
[-] The following 8 users Like Skygeek's post:
  • Alessi, Bluecortina, Brekkie, Jayesyn, London Lite, PJamo, Spencer, Stockland Hillman

The rules of the forum can be seen here:-

pres.cafe 

While we have rules around making sure posts add something to the discussion and people are not just posting for the sakes of it, there is nothing to say people cannot mention mistakes they have seen on air. It should however really come with some discussion element rather than just providing a running commentary of what is happening, or people just blandly agreeing with 'yeah, that happened' or 'I saw it too'. However the same point can be made for people just posting links to news articles, viewing figures and similar commonly done things on here.

That said if people do have an issue with the content of any post that they feel warrants an investigation, please use the report a post function to alert one of the moderating team. The fact an individual post is not removed does not mean we do not monitor all reports and watch for patterns. By attempting to step in instead, however well-meaning, the discussion over what should and shouldn't be posted and subsequent replies have ended causing more disruption to this thread.

So please let us get this back on topic now and discuss ITV News. Smile
[-] The following 9 users Like Frappé's post:
  • Brekkie, MLehon, Otis Crump, RhysJR, Rolling News, scottishtv, Skygeek, thePineapple, TJTSW

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread