ITV News

Who is ITV News' US partner these days?

(16-02-2024, 07:38 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Who is ITV News' US partner these days?

Pretty sure it’s CNN these days.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gary McEwan's post:
  • Michael 18, RhysJR

Didn't they have NBC News as a partner, especially during their ITV News Channel era.

(16-02-2024, 08:06 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Didn't they have NBC News as a partner, especially during their ITV News Channel era.

Yes, was NBC until their owner took over Sky and so (after quite a considerable delay) that relationship ended (bar one last remaining link - ITN's Washington operation is still based in NBC's studios there).

They are now closely linked with CNN (though they have always had an ongoing relationship).
They are also 'partnered' with ABC (though this seems to be more adhoc) and they can access CBS material via EBU.

So basically - they are everyone's partner!
[-] The following 4 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances, PatrZDZ, RhysJR

(16-02-2024, 08:06 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Didn't they have NBC News as a partner, especially during their ITV News Channel era.

ITN have worked NBC, CNN and PBS. CNN even had some airtime on ITV and on ITN's Morning News back in the late 80s and early 90s.

Whoops! Someone has cued the regional outro for the late bulletin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary McEwan's post:
  • Superman1986

Any update on the newsroom studio? It seems to have only been used with tight shots for the PMQ online show and some reporter explainer pieces. Surely we’ll see more of it over time even if it doesn’t become the main set?
[-] The following 2 users Like Globaltraffic24's post:
  • Ben Shatliff, Superman1986

It was bound to happen once this week.

On the lunchtime time news, Nina Hossain mispronounced Jeremy Hunt's name. She ended the programme with an apology, and the offending Freudian slip was removed from the +1 airing.

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

There was also a passer by using choice language behind Lucy Watson during a live report.

twitter.com 

And there was dogs in the studio. Quite the bulletin.
[-] The following 7 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, Happy2001, Rolling News, Toby brown, UTVLifer

Interesting how ITV state in their annual report that ITV News content is a driver to ITVX. Suspect they're slightly overselling it but hopefully it means they do expand on it.

Charlene White on Would I Lie to You: "The first time I screen tested to read the ITV News, I was so nervous, I said the first "bong" out loud". 13 minutes 49 seconds in:

www.bbc.co.uk 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 5 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Jayesyn, London Lite, thePineapple, TVFan, what

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread