Emmerdale 50th Anniversiary

They should really all be put on a streaming service, or something like that. Ditto Corrie. Don't think DVDs would sell now, sadly. Maybe 10 years ago.

They could do something similar to what STV Player does with High Road and upload a new batch of episodes every week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • lewis_VHS

One interesting thing looking at the show's history was when there was a strike at Yorkshire in late 1981/early 1982, rather than make the episodes that should have been made during the strike when it was over, they just skipped them entirely, leading to a narrative gap in the storylines. Seems a very curious thing to do, but presumably there were logistical reasons behind it.

Coronation Street seemingly did a similar thing back in 1964- which included the episode where the Ogdens moved in.

Watching these episodes really has given me the urge to see more of the Emmerdale Farm Era, I'd argue much of it's stronger than the 2002 episodes ITV3 are currently showing. I guess I could hunt down the Network DVD releases, though they only include the first 15 months of it.

The episode the ITV Hub has labelled as "Dolly gives birth" isn't though... in fact it's from much earlier in the year, before Dolly was even pregnant. The date given for the previous episode is wrong too, by 11 months, it's actually from January 1979, not December (the Christmas setting of the episode and the fact it was delayed due to a strike might have confused someone there).
  • The Decimator

Also just got to Eric Pollard's first episode and noticed they, presumably accidentally, left in the VT clock leading into part 2.

The 1989 episode has an animated and musical 21st Birthday YTV endcap as well.

ITV3 now showing the episodes that went out with a film look, easy to forget just how terrible it looked. Thankfully it only lasted for 7 episodes.

No sponsor bumpers on tonight's episode, I guess due to the nature of the story they decided they'd be inappropriate.

Confused.com bumpers back tonight, after being absent on Thursday and Friday.

It's just been announced that Jane Hudson, Emmerdale's exec producer is standing down, and for the first time in a while, the outgoing Emmerdale EP isn't moving over to Corrie

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • LouBlu08

This week's episodes feel very odd with all the music, slo mo and flashbacks!
  • UTVLifer

(11-10-2023, 07:51 PM)James2001 Wrote:  This week's episodes feel very odd with all the music, slo mo and flashbacks!

And a such a level of incidental music that the crash aftermath scenes felt more like an episode of Ambulance