Emmerdale 50th Anniversiary

(11-10-2023, 07:51 PM)James2001 Wrote:  This week's episodes feel very odd with all the music, slo mo and flashbacks!

It is award season after all Wink

(11-10-2023, 07:51 PM)James2001 Wrote:  This week's episodes feel very odd with all the music, slo mo and flashbacks!

It’s “Super Soap Week” James

Just been announced that Steve Haliwell (Zak Dingle) has died:

news.sky.com 

Sad news that Zak Dingle has died.

Edit: as posted by James 2001.

Has he been on the show recently?

Sad news indeed.

What was the situation with the character of Zak in the show? I think he was only making short appearances, can't remember when he was last in the show.

Absolutely shocked to read it. RIP

The BBC News website says he retired from the show in 2021 after 27 years but his last appearance was 27th June 2023 so I guess it was more of a semi retirement as he was in a handful of episodes in 2022 too. I think in the show he's been in Scotland with Debbie.

Sad news though. Love them or hate them, the Dingles certainly made their mark on Emmerdale and I'm sure Steve's absence will be felt by many.

That's been corrected, it now says he was on the show for 29 years.
www.bbc.co.uk 

I think the current break sting music has appeared sometime this week on the classic Emmerdale repeats on ITV 3.

When did Emmerdale Farm or Emmerdale become Fully Networked where all Regions showed each episode in the exact time slot on the same day?

I remember being on holiday In Torquay in 1986 and the episode where Pat Sugdem died was shown around 18:30 on the Bank Holiday Monday. Here in the Granada Region we showed the series at that time on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 19:00.

Around 1987 or 1988 we moved to Tuesdays and Wednesdays or Wednesdays and Thursdays at 18:30 for a while.

Was it when they renamed Emmerdale in 1989 when the entire network moved to Tuesdays and Thursdays at 19:00?