2022 FIFA World Cup

Qatari based BeIN Sports' World Cup channels launched on Tuesday:

Arabic -
BeIN Sports Max 1
BeIN Sports Max 2

English-
BeIN Sports Max 3
BeIN Sports Max 4 (apparently this will have Spanish commentary too).

French-
BeIN Sports Max 5
BeIN Sports Max 6

The price of the special World Cup package including all of the above channels is $90-$225 (depending on country).

Some videos of the presentation:
Arabic - www.youtube.com 

English - www.youtube.com 

They are currently showing FIFA films and classic matches including the full BeIN / Al Jazeera Sport pre/post match coverage of matches since 2010 World Cup which is interesting.

[Image: vlcsnap-2022-11-03-17h13m17s468.png]
[Image: vlcsnap-2022-11-03-17h15m02s321.png]
[Image: vlcsnap-2022-11-03-17h15m34s003.png]
[Image: vlcsnap-2022-11-03-17h15m48s455.png]

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 2 users Like Ste's post:
  • Medianext.MX, TVFan

(03-11-2022, 06:09 PM)Ste Wrote:  Qatari based BeIN Sports' World Cup channels launched on Tuesday:

Some videos of the presentation:
Arabic - www.youtube.com 
English - www.youtube.com 

The same presentation is also being used by beIN Sports France for its World Cup coverage. Their beIN coverage will also originate using the resources of their Gulf counterpart, although separate teams will be used and some studio shows (those with a live studio audience) will air from the beIN France studios.

(03-11-2022, 06:44 PM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  The same presentation is also being used by beIN Sports France for its World Cup coverage. Their beIN coverage will also originate using the resources of their Gulf counterpart, although separate teams will be used and some studio shows (those with a live studio audience) will air from the beIN France studios.

I've done a recording of one of the French MAX channels being used in the Middle East, these will probably just broadcast the BeIN France coverage exactly as it goes out in France.

www.youtube.com 

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ste's post:
  • Medianext.MX

To add to the feeling that the World Cup is going to have relatively muted promotion... has there been a BBC trailer yet? (Would it be like the Winter Olympics which definitely felt more like it was about the sport rather than the nation - compare to the Summer Olympics in Tokyo...)

(04-11-2022, 11:33 AM)Motlash Wrote:  To add to the feeling that the World Cup is going to have relatively muted promotion... has there been a BBC trailer yet? (Would it be like the Winter Olympics which definitely felt more like it was about the sport rather than the nation - compare to the Summer Olympics in Tokyo...)

Not yet but I imagine it will launch this weekend now the BBC have announced who is working for them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • UTVLifer

Here is a link to the details of the BBC Coverage:
www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • Happy2001

(30-10-2022, 11:09 AM)harshy Wrote:  
(27-10-2022, 11:17 PM)Moz Wrote:  Won’t be watching as it shouldn’t be taking place in such a country.

It’s all bizarre in the middle of a football season, it’s all strange.

That's one of three reasons why it shouldn't have been in Qatar, the need to move it away from summer, interfering with the season in Europe, and I think most countries outside North America? The other two reasons are the fact that they definitely wouldn't have qualified to take part otherwise, and the fact it isn't safe for all fans due to homosexuality being illegal. I always thought 2018 and 2022 should've been England and Australia, not Russia and Qatar.

Press pack is out

twitter.com 

(04-11-2022, 12:55 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(30-10-2022, 11:09 AM)harshy Wrote:  It’s all bizarre in the middle of a football season, it’s all strange.

That's one of three reasons why it shouldn't have been in Qatar, the need to move it away from summer, interfering with the season in Europe, and I think most countries outside North America? The other two reasons are the fact that they definitely wouldn't have qualified to take part otherwise, and the fact it isn't safe for all fans due to homosexuality being illegal. I always thought 2018 and 2022 should've been England and Australia, not Russia and Qatar.

Wonder how long it is until we get our first news story of western fans being arrested for the various issues that are controversial around Qatar?

It's great that the BBC will be showing the "vast majority" of the matches in UHD HDR this year