2022 FIFA World Cup

ViuTV in Hong Kong - basically a Traditional Chinese redub without the team diamond on the side. Weirdly they did without the Extra Time timer, leaving just the time limit on the row:
[Image: ViuTV%20WC%20Scoreboard.png]

For the initial ET announcement, they used the original box on the right hand corner; as for penalties, the top scoreboard wasn't seen at all, opting instead for a separate bar at the bottom for the count:
[Image: ViuTV%20WC%20Penalty.png]

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • Medianext.MX

(15-12-2022, 04:54 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  For the initial ET announcement, they used the original box on the right hand corner; as for penalties, the top scoreboard wasn't seen at all, opting instead for a separate bar at the bottom for the count:
[Image: ViuTV%20WC%20Penalty.png]

Actually, that extra time bar is from the world feed graphics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • W. Knight

German TV said farewell last night to commentator Béla Réthy, who retired after over 35 years commentating for ZDF. He commentated on all the major tournament finals ZDF covered since Euro 96, including Germany's win in 1996 and defeat in the 2002 World Cup final. He celebrated his 66th birthday yesterday as well.

twitter.com 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Medianext.MX

ITV 1 taking the closing ceremony, whilst the BBC are just sticking it on iPlayer. Makes sense for ITV to take because it’s gives them a point of difference.

Both broadcasters managed to get a studio space for the final, rather than one being a stood up position.

I wonder if they’ll change the replay wipes this time to a picture of the World Cup rather than the tournament logo as they did 4 years ago.!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • UTVLifer

ITV are showing the closing ceremony, but BBC are continuing with the build-up to the Final.

I have to say I do enjoy how the BBC are wearing suit and tie for the final, keeping up the BBC tradition of smartening up for the Finals.
[-] The following 3 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • CF1, Scratch_Perry, UTVLifer

(18-12-2022, 03:10 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  ITV are showing the closing ceremony, but BBC are continuing with the build-up to the Final.

I have to say I do enjoy how the BBC are wearing suit and tie for the final, keeping up the BBC tradition of smartening up for the Finals.

I'm kind of surprised ITV didn't do the same, especially as they were all suited and booted for the Men's Euros Final last year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scratch_Perry's post:
  • UTVLifer

Long list of credits time on BBC
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • CF1

Good to see Kelly Somers get the pitchside gig on the BBC during the final. I thought she may have been sent home after England were sent out.

twitter.com 

Not sure ITV will use him at Euro 2024.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • thomash79

(18-12-2022, 11:22 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  twitter.com 
Not sure ITV will use him at Euro 2024.

They will, as the fuss will have long since died down.

The only way ITV will not consider using Gary Neville in 18 months time were if he were to enter "Ryan Giggs territory".
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scratch_Perry's post:
  • GMc