2022 FIFA World Cup

(09-11-2022, 07:34 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Do we know yet if the BBC are actually going to be in Doha or are they just going to be in the VR studio in Salford for the majority of the World Cup?

I heard last time both the BBC and ITV were going in-site.
[-] The following 2 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • Scratch_Perry, UTVLifer

(09-11-2022, 07:43 PM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  
(09-11-2022, 07:34 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Do we know yet if the BBC are actually going to be in Doha or are they just going to be in the VR studio in Salford for the majority of the World Cup?

I heard last time both the BBC and ITV were going in-site.

Rachel Burden and Rick Edwards will be bringing '5 Live Breakfast' live from Qatar, not sure if that's an indication about the bigger picture.

The Media Show which aired a couple of hours ago focussed on the World Cup. Might find some answers listening to that.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • Medianext.MX, UTVLifer

Suppose it's time to question what will the titles and theme music be for Qatar as I don't know any Qatari music or anything that that country influences

(11-11-2022, 01:32 PM)Torpido Wrote:  Suppose it's time to question what will the titles and theme music be for Qatar as I don't know any Qatari music or anything that that country influences

Most of the marketing so far has been emphasising it's the World Cup and very quiet on the Qatar part, so it'll be interesting to see whether or not that continues with the music and opening titles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Transmission's post:
  • UTVLifer

I don’t feel like there’s been a big build up to the World Cup this year. We know bbc will smash it. Hopefully itv will have a studio like their rugby World Cup studio with a great back drop.

(11-11-2022, 06:30 PM)Tvfanboy Wrote:  I don’t feel like there’s been a big build up to the World Cup this year. We know bbc will smash it. Hopefully itv will have a studio like their rugby World Cup studio with a great back drop.
The difference is the backdrop will be real.

(11-11-2022, 07:07 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(11-11-2022, 06:30 PM)Tvfanboy Wrote:  I don’t feel like there’s been a big build up to the World Cup this year. We know bbc will smash it. Hopefully itv will have a studio like their rugby World Cup studio with a great back drop.
The difference is the backdrop will be real.

Ahhh is this confirmation the BBC will be out there in full force?

(11-11-2022, 09:02 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(11-11-2022, 07:07 PM)Jon Wrote:  The difference is the backdrop will be real.

Ahhh is this confirmation the BBC will be out there in full force?
I’m pretty sure I’ve read several people in the know state that. I don’t know for sure though.

yougov.co.uk 

It’s going to be a difficult balance for broadcasters.

The studio being used by the BeIN Sports English channels is shown in this video of the start of their "Welcome Qatar" World Cup preview programme:

www.youtube.com 

Strangely the studio doesn't have any window / view of Doha and is just a studio normally used for the BeIN Arabic programming for the Europa League and a few other things. The Arabic World Cup studio does have the Doha backdrop, I'll try and capture that today.

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 2 users Like Ste's post:
  • Medianext.MX, RhysJR