STV Presentation

(17-10-2023, 10:37 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  What about Aberdeen or Dundee?

Aberdeen hasn't had any channel playout facility since Grampian's Pres department closed 25 years ago - they only handle News production nowadays.

Dundee doesn't have any facility, either - AFAIK, their Tayside news opt is routed via a second production gallery in Aberdeen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Superman1986

(17-10-2023, 11:09 PM)Nobby Wrote:  ITV1 warned of "historic domestic abuse storylines" so that STV warning may well have been the planned introduction. 

www.tvhome.co.uk 

Thanks for that.

Given they can't air Scotland Tonight, I guess they'll just stick with ITV1 now through to GMB, I doubt there will be much impact to local advertisers etc. for the rest of the night.
[-] The following 2 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Superman1986

(17-10-2023, 11:25 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  Thanks for that.

Given they can't air Scotland Tonight, I guess they'll just stick with ITV1 now through to GMB, I doubt there will be much impact to local advertisers etc. for the rest of the night.

It's important to remember that ITV Pres do playout a Scotland variant of ITV1, as seen during GMB. They have the Scottish ads on their servers, so they it's likely local ads will still be played and seen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orry Verducci's post:
  • lookoutwales

(17-10-2023, 10:50 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  Edit: A commercial break with ITV1 promos now. Appears they have switched to rebroadcasting ITV1 for now.

Looks like an SD or downscaled version of ITV1, and it doesn’t have subtitles.

(18-10-2023, 12:30 AM)Orry Verducci Wrote:  It's important to remember that ITV Pres do playout a Scotland variant of ITV1, as seen during GMB. They have the Scottish ads on their servers, so they it's likely local ads will still be played and seen.

Ah, that's very interesting.

What I was really getting at was STV's micro-regional advertising which they use extensively throughout the day, including in prime time. They also offer whole afternoons and evenings to be 'sponsored' in addition to programme sponsorship. I don't really understand how this helps brands, but STV seem to manage to sell it to them.

This means different breaks for Aberdeen & North, Dundee, Edinburgh & East, Glasgow & West.

That said, there's very little/no micro regional differences after the late news which is probably why they're happy just to take ITV1 for the rest of the night.

The incident ended shortly before 1.30am this morning.

Presuming the GMB opts have made it to air okay?

news.stv.tv 

STV branding returned during the Loose Women repeat, and Night Vision still went out so I would guess so.

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'
[-] The following 2 users Like BlueFrog's post:
  • lookoutwales, Superman1986

Surprising they don't have their own DR back up at another site but the arrangement seems to have worked pretty well last night. Presumably nowadays too - especially post-covid - their playout could probably done remotely if needed anyway.

I take it BBC Scotland wasn't affected - I thought the two buildings weren't that far apart?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • lookoutwales

Latest update from the BBC:

www.bbc.com 

(18-10-2023, 08:45 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Surprising they don't have their own DR back up at another site but the arrangement seems to have worked pretty well last night.  Presumably nowadays too - especially post-covid - their playout could probably done remotely if needed anyway.

I take it BBC Scotland wasn't affected - I thought the two buildings weren't that far apart?
They will have DR arrangements (presumably involving ITV) but this wasn't the sort of disaster that would require them to be brought into use. If everything's powered and working and can be used remotely then there's no need 

BBC Scotland are a few buildings away along the quay