BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present

Whereas here in the south, if the national news has two presenters, they don't play a regional ident at all - they just stick with the network one introducing "Reeta Chakrabarti in the studio and Clive Myrie in Jerusalem", or whomever. Interesting to know it varies around the country.
[-] The following 2 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • interestednovice, Tim G

It was mentioned over in the Survivor programme thread, but I appreciate many folks on here are going to be more interested in the channel presentation rather then particular programmes so may not look in to individual programmes often. However leading into the opening episode of this on BBC One last night, they skipped any junction or ident and just ran straight from previous credits into the programme. Not the first time it's been done of course, but not something done commonly on BBC One - or at least for now! Given accelerated flow seems to be much more the norm for things delivered on streaming platforms, with them regularly cutting out of even the credits to start the next episode of a show now, who knows what the future of junctions in the UK may be.

From TV Home's automated recording service:-
www.tvhome.co.uk 

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 1 user Likes TesTVWhirl's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

My recordings handled it perfectly too. Obviously not something that could become the norm on the BBC given between programmes is the only place to promote it's other content.
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, Roger Darthwell

I can’t think the last time they did that trick, without even an ident immediately after the previous programme (outside of 9:15 weekdays of course).

Here’s something new I think today too… a plug for the show in Ultra HD iPlayer after the ident.

www.tvhome.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like Asa's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, insert_good_username_here, interestednovice

(29-10-2023, 06:00 PM)Asa Wrote:  I can’t think the last time they did that trick, without even an ident immediately after the previous programme (outside of 9:15 weekdays of course).
Believe they did it for the premiere of The Wheel (also after Strictly) in 2020.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Josh's post:
  • bilky asko, fanoftv, interestednovice

(29-10-2023, 01:32 PM)TesTVWhirl Wrote:  It was mentioned over in the Survivor programme thread, but I appreciate many folks on here are going to be more interested in the channel presentation rather then particular programmes so may not look in to individual programmes often. However leading into the opening episode of this on BBC One last night, they skipped any junction or ident and just ran straight from previous credits into the programme. Not the first time it's been done of course, but not something done commonly on BBC One - or at least for now! Given accelerated flow seems to be much more the norm for things delivered on streaming platforms, with them regularly cutting out of even the credits to start the next episode of a show now, who knows what the future of junctions in the UK may be.

From TV Home's automated recording service:-
www.tvhome.co.uk 
Part of me hopes this doesn't really become a trend with the BBC or other channels. I feel like a special ident at the very least is necessary.
[-] The following 3 users Like callumwatchestelly's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Roger Darthwell

It feels disturbingly American to see them cut straight to the next programme. It's really jarring when you see it in the US and you're not used to how it's done.
[-] The following 6 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, interestednovice, Roger Darthwell, TVFan

(29-10-2023, 08:14 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It feels disturbingly American to see them cut straight to the next programme. It's really jarring when you see it in the US and you're not used to how it's done.
At least they should've played an ident in the middle, you're not going to lose anything by doing that.

In terms of PURE advertising, many commercial operations in the UK, already play most of that in the internal breaks before the top of the hour, so that you get mostly only one promo and the ident before the next show.

I would've expected such an approach from ITV, less from the BBC
[-] The following 3 users Like Kunst's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Roger Darthwell

(29-10-2023, 08:14 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It feels disturbingly American to see them cut straight to the next programme. It's really jarring when you see it in the US and you're not used to how it's done.

How Americans do TV junctions makes me feel oddly patriotic.
[-] The following 6 users Like callumwatchestelly's post:
  • AndrewP, Frances, interestednovice, LargelyALurker, Larry the Loafer, Roger Darthwell

(29-10-2023, 08:21 PM)Kunst Wrote:  At least they should've played an ident in the middle, you're not going to lose anything by doing that.
A blip would have worked well.   At least they didn't play the Strictly credits over the Survivor opening though - that's the sort of thing the US networks were occassionally doing a few years back. 

P.S.  That Ultra HD prompt looks so cheap considering what it's supposed to be advertising.
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, ethanjbrady, interestednovice, Kunst, Roger Darthwell