BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present

(31-07-2022, 05:01 PM)LaDeDa Wrote:  Does anyone else feel the adverts between BBC shows have far to many screen shots now and too busy on screen?

I don't mean to be unnecessarily pedantic, but they can't show advertisements in the UK on their BBC branded channels. Trailers for upcoming programmes and services are not selling something, they are informative about what you can watch or download. Nobody is asking you to buy anything.

But a cleaner look and links between each advert not one with logo centered then at top then bottom with so many different animations and moving screens..
All unessential
And makes junctions messy just too much going on too busy , since the new look it's worse.
You can advertise many things TV , radio etc with a simplified look that still stands out
[-] The following 1 user Likes LaDeDa's post:
  • cylon6

Anyone who think that BBC One Lens ident package only short, think again. There are an Rare idents that found and never seen before (but still same package), with new BBC blocks were not animated unlike the usual idents. Not sure where the Rare idents was taken but it was credited by BBC Creative.
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like Asxer544's post:
  • Ant, BBCChameleonFan, cylon6, fanoftv, IanJRedman, Lester, Si-Co

(11-08-2022, 02:57 PM)Asxer544 Wrote:  Anyone who think that BBC One Lens ident package only short, think again. There are an Rare idents that found and never seen before (but still same package), with new BBC blocks were not animated unlike the usual idents. Not sure where the Rare idents was taken but it was credited by BBC Creative.
Maybe these were the original compositions of the idents that were delayed at virtually the last minute?

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • fanoftv

A good find. Presumably that goes in the pile of rejected ident packages that we occasionally get to see.

They're nice but do require some fairly fixed cutaway points, otherwise could look quite messy. I wonder if that was one reason they were rejected. It would be cool to have them in the mix though for when the junctions allowed for it.

P.S. First post. Congratulations to the team for getting the forum up and running!
[-] The following 10 users Like Asa's post:
  • Andrew Wood, bilky asko, chris, Clean Feed, cylon6, fanoftv, IanJRedman, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, TVenthusiasm

(11-08-2022, 04:59 PM)Asa Wrote:  They're nice but do require some fairly fixed cutaway points, otherwise could look quite messy. I wonder if that was one reason they were rejected.

Maybe an extra circle animation [like on the endboards after the icons] could be used for those that don't have cutaway points?

(11-08-2022, 02:57 PM)Asxer544 Wrote:  Anyone who think that BBC One Lens ident package only short, think again. There are an Rare idents that found and never seen before (but still same package), with new BBC blocks were not animated unlike the usual idents. Not sure where the Rare idents was taken but it was credited by BBC Creative.
www.youtube.com 
www.youtube.com 

These are merely special edits that were produced for the press launch of the package earlier this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • cylon6, IanJRedman

For the first time since 'Circles', BBC One have made an effort with the 'Lens' package.

However, for Joe Public, if you're not paying much attention, you probably miss the 'time transition effects' if you're just waiting for the kettle to boil between programmes. What I like most is the return to the idea of foreground and background regarding the elements of each ident.

These aren't "random mobile phone videos with a logo slapped on top". Well worth the wait, even though it took rather a long time.

After four months on air, the lenses have had enough time for me to provide an informed opinion.

It’s a nice concept, and 10x better produced than wonky oneness.

But these idents wouldn’t look out of place had they launched in 2002, and that’s my main problem with them. There’s nothing bold about this. The soundtrack is lacklustre and don’t say flagship channel in 2022.

Perhaps that’s what they’re going for, pointing people more towards iPlayer and Sounds which do have exciting and dynamic pres surrounding them, but it’s a shame we couldn’t have had a bold package for BBC One that would rival the BBC Two curves.

I'm not sure "bold" matches the brand language of BBC One.

What they've done seems appropriate: subtle and high quality. That seems to better match the positioning of the channel.

From a visual point-of-view, I think the multi-dimensional thing is really nicely done. Whereas before the idents are almost as if they were set on a theatre stage in front of you, there's much more depth (and with the lens thing, playing into a fourth dimension, maybe?). All that could've been forced, but I think what they've managed is just really tasteful. Not all TV needs to be bang, bang, bang.

Definitely for the first time in a long time, it all feels unified.
[-] The following 1 user Likes frank's post:
  • Stuart