BBC One Pres: 2021 - Present

Bit of a slight complaint, the immersion of this is ruined by the fact that the music continues in echo to the next "disrupted" promo, but other than that, pretty effective marketing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Allanbuzzy's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

I was expecting this to just be the same treatment on another ident, so it was a really nice surprise to see something completely different go out in the junction instead.

Does anyone know if BBC One North (remember that even still exists?) did their own announcement for 8pm, or did they just stick to taking network for this one anyway?

TV Whirl - Since 2001

(28-08-2022, 09:50 PM)TesTVWhirl Wrote:  I was expecting this to just be the same treatment on another ident, so it was a really nice surprise to see something completely different go out in the junction instead.

Does anyone know if BBC One North (remember that even still exists?) did their own announcement for 8pm, or did they just stick to taking network for this one anyway?

BBC One North remained with network for the entire 8pm junction - except the ECP.
[-] The following 2 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • Steve in Pudsey, TesTVWhirl

Is anybody else annoyed by the "freeze-frame" thing that happens right before the news starts?

tvhome.co.uk 

(31-08-2022, 07:49 PM)Lyric Wrote:  Is anybody else annoyed by the "freeze-frame" thing that happens right before the news starts?

tvhome.co.uk 

Network holds on the final frame of the trail preceding the ident slightly longer than normal to allow the English regions to opt out as cleanly as possible - i.e., to avoid clipping the network ident.
[-] The following 3 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • cylon6, Si-Co, Steve in Pudsey

(31-08-2022, 07:59 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(31-08-2022, 07:49 PM)Lyric Wrote:  Is anybody else annoyed by the "freeze-frame" thing that happens right before the news starts?

tvhome.co.uk 

Network holds on the final frame of the trail preceding the ident slightly longer than normal to allow the English regions to opt out as cleanly as possible - i.e., to avoid clipping the network ident.

Fair enough. I just don't like how it breaks the "seamless" thing Chameleon's trying to go for.

The occasional fade to black BBC Four does too, I don't like that either with this...

I actually think the way the BBC logo animates makes it works - when it gets stuck it’s a bit like BBC One is buffering / refreshing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chris's post:
  • cylon6

In my opinion, that brief hold at the end of the trailer is a little jarrIng, and would look so much better without a freeze frame.

(28-08-2022, 09:54 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(28-08-2022, 09:50 PM)TesTVWhirl Wrote:  Does anyone know if BBC One North (remember that even still exists?) did their own announcement for 8pm, or did they just stick to taking network for this one anyway?

BBC One North remained with network for the entire 8pm junction - except the ECP.

Talking of BBC One North, I assume the lack of posts about it means it’s quietly ticking away and the lack of a Northern “opt-out” on this occasion is more worthy of discussion than anything that is shown in the BBC One North junctions!

Can anyone clarify for me what times and days the split continuity is shown? Is it seven days a week 7pm-10.30pm (approx)? Also - although I’m fairly certain here - does it just go out in the NE&C, North West, and Yorks and Lincs regions? 

Did we ever find out if the Northern junctions were played out and voiced from London, alongside continuity for the remaining regions?

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

(04-09-2022, 11:18 AM)Si-Co Wrote:  In my opinion,  that brief hold at the end of the trailer is a little jarrIng, and would look so much better without a freeze frame.

(28-08-2022, 09:54 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  
(28-08-2022, 09:50 PM)TesTVWhirl Wrote:  Does anyone know if BBC One North (remember that even still exists?) did their own announcement for 8pm, or did they just stick to taking network for this one anyway?

Talking of BBC One North, I assume the lack of posts about it means it’s quietly ticking away and the lack of a Northern “opt-out” on this occasion is more worthy of discussion than anything that is shown in the BBC One North junctions!

Can anyone clarify for me what times and days the split continuity is shown? Is it seven days a week 7pm-10.30pm (approx)? Also - although I’m fairly certain here - does it just go out in the NE&C, North West, and Yorks and Lincs regions? 

Did we ever find out if the Northern junctions were played out and voiced from London, alongside continuity for the remaining regions?

I think the main problem with it though is with it being - apart from in a small number of platforms - SD only, it’s not really going to cut through. Surely most watch in HD now?

I think also with all the new announcers these days with varying accents and varying degrees of ability, it’s not really noticeable when it’s BBC One North, and when it’s not.

If it was an old school well established ‘BBC’ announcer at one point and then someone with a broad northern twang the next it’d be more obvious
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • all new phil, Si-Co