No. 10 Crisis (October 2022 Edition)

(20-10-2022, 02:36 PM)Keith Wrote:  At this rate we might get to see BBC's studio B in election mode a lot sooner than 2025.
Unlikely as it would require many Conservative MPs voting to lose their jobs. An election is far more likely if the governing party is far ahead in the polls.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • UTVLifer

(20-10-2022, 04:02 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(20-10-2022, 02:36 PM)Keith Wrote:  At this rate we might get to see BBC's studio B in election mode a lot sooner than 2025.
Unlikely as it would require many Conservative MPs voting to lose their jobs. An election is far more likely if the governing party is far ahead in the polls.
It’s a blank canvas at this stage. Nobody knows how it’ll pan out. We should know more this evening. 

There is a heavy desire for a general election from within, and naturally outside of the Conservative Party.

And there should be one, honestly. We're about to get our second unelected PM this year. That won't be popular.
[-] The following 5 users Like JAS84's post:
  • bkman1990, Jayesyn, Ma76, Newsroom, UTVLifer

Of all the days to get a Pointless with the question "Prime Ministers who have been in office for more than two years".
[-] The following 1 user Likes TIGHazard's post:
  • Ma76

Bit of a shambles with the Sir Graham Brady presser there, looked like the pool feed that both BBC and Sky were using had a microphone in the next street and a camera op who didn't realise they were live on air.
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bkman1990, JayCasey

(20-10-2022, 05:38 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Bit of a shambles with the Sir Graham Brady presser there, looked like the pool feed that both BBC and Sky were using had a microphone in the next street and a camera op who didn't realise they were live on air.

It was quite chaotic wasn't it!!  Sums up the last 24 hours in general I guess!

BBC WN is taking the Six with the NC and One this evening~

(20-10-2022, 05:39 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  
(20-10-2022, 05:38 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Bit of a shambles with the Sir Graham Brady presser there, looked like the pool feed that both BBC and Sky were using had a microphone in the next street and a camera op who didn't realise they were live on air.

It was quite chaotic wasn't it!!  Sums up the last 24 hours in general I guess!

Probably GB News providing the pool coverage
[-] The following 2 users Like Gibsy's post:
  • JayCasey, Ma76

Susanna Reid will be back presenting Good Morning Britain tomorrow.

I don't really know the rationale behind having the presenter hosting news coverage from outside Downing Street at times like this. This afternoon while the speech was taking place, it made sense, but, hours later, I've just watched Mark Austin struggling to communicate with a guest in a down-the-line interview owing to the racket being made by protestors who seem to be permanently camped outside at the moment, and I can't help but think that the coverage would be so much more effective coming from a studio rather than being shouted at you from what may as well be a street beside a nightclub on a Friday night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DavidWhitfield's post:
  • Ma76