No. 10 Crisis (October 2022 Edition)

Nice to know the Prime Minister listens to feedback from BBC programmes.

twitter.com 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 10 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Aaron, Adam Till, bkman1990, fatal paper cut, Former Member 406, Ma76, matthieu1221, Milkshake, UTVLifer, Yorksman

(20-10-2022, 06:37 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  I don't really know the rationale behind having the presenter hosting news coverage from outside Downing Street at times like this. This afternoon while the speech was taking place, it made sense, but, hours later, I've just watched Mark Austin struggling to communicate with a guest in a down-the-line interview owing to the racket being made by protestors who seem to be permanently camped outside at the moment, and I can't help but think that the coverage would be so much more effective coming from a studio rather than being shouted at you from what may as well be a street beside a nightclub on a Friday night.

I think the media secretly like disrupted broadcasting because it means clips with go viral on Twitter when an interview is accompanied by a blunt placard or a silly bit of music

(20-10-2022, 06:35 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  Susanna Reid will be back presenting Good Morning Britain tomorrow.
Where has this been said please?

(20-10-2022, 05:39 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  
(20-10-2022, 05:38 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Bit of a shambles with the Sir Graham Brady presser there, looked like the pool feed that both BBC and Sky were using had a microphone in the next street and a camera op who didn't realise they were live on air.

It was quite chaotic wasn't it!!  Sums up the last 24 hours in general I guess!

It almost seemed like a b roll camera they use to cut beteeen the main camera

(20-10-2022, 05:38 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Bit of a shambles with the Sir Graham Brady presser there, looked like the pool feed that both BBC and Sky were using had a microphone in the next street and a camera op who didn't realise they were live on air.

That was actually pooled by Sky News, I believe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Worzel's post:
  • Ma76

(20-10-2022, 06:54 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  
(20-10-2022, 06:35 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  Susanna Reid will be back presenting Good Morning Britain tomorrow.
Where has this been said please?

ITV Continuity Announcer at 6pm

EDIT: twitter.com 

Love this title of this thread - "October 2022 Edition"  Big Grin

From what I have seen from the RTÉ News coverage from Ireland; they only had their London Correspondent John Kilraine at Downing Street. I am not sure if Fiona Mitchell was there with him this time around.

Their own News & Current Affairs presenters like David McCullagh, Miriam O'Callaghan & Fran McNulty were not in London yesterday. They were all at home reporting on the events from Dublin as usual when Liz Truss resigned yesterday afternoon.

The start of Prime Time last night was a bit unusual because it was meant to be another one of their special programmes about the Climate Crisis, which was focusing on Biodiversity, in Ireland. But they had to tack on the Liz Truss resignation bit at the start of the programme.

Fran McNulty was then asking questions to two people presumably from the UK media or education sector who were giving their analysis on the day's events in London. One guy was a political satirist and writer and the woman there was involved in education or something. I cannot remember their names at this time.

But it was a good discussion about what happened at Downing Street yesterday afternoon.

For those talking about a new live position inside the estate of the Palace of Westminster. It is in New Palace Yard, the area close to the Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben).

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

Ah t'other side of Parliament!
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • UTVLifer