Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

twitter.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 7 users Like Josh's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, matthieu1221, Newsroom, Rolling News, Superman1986, TVFan

(29-11-2022, 09:28 PM)Josh Wrote:  twitter.com 

Great find!

I wonder how long it’ll be before a curtain is pulled over to stop prying eyes. Hopefully someone can pop over there and take some pics before that happens.

Sounds like it’ll be multipurpose studio that many programmes can utilise.
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Rolling News, Superman1986

twitter.com 

Certainly starting to come together...
[-] The following 8 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, Former Member 406, Newsroom, Rolling News, Stuart, UTVLifer, Yorksman

Looks really good and I wonder if they'll take similar tack with newsroom backdrops when it comes to Studio E. Hope there will be some colour in the newsroom though.

Also I can't help but notice a small similarity in the sofa with a design I had back on TVF.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • DeMarkay, UTVLifer

(29-11-2022, 11:00 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  Certainly starting to come together...
Someone seems to have been ordering plenty of pizzas.   Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, Former Member 406, Independent

(29-11-2022, 11:00 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  twitter.com 

Sadly, the tweet seems to have been deleted. Don't suppose anyone know has any other links to whatever pics(?) were in that tweet.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(30-11-2022, 05:24 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(29-11-2022, 11:00 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  twitter.com 

Sadly, the tweet seems to have been deleted.  Don't suppose anyone know has any other links to whatever pics(?) were in that tweet.
[Image: 5AFAFC0C-D3F5-4BB5-8C84-2DB7AEA54E29.jpeg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Jayesyn's post:
  • bkman1990, bob, Keith, matthieu1221, Stuart

Wouldn’t be surprised if the sofa is what regions will have as sets are updated over the coming months (as opposed to the desk that national and NI have).
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Superman1986

Just hope they come up with a solution to the issue they currently have where they can't change the colour of the sofa.

And don't anyone say that they have done - cushion covers look terrible. Anyone who knows anything about design knows that.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 2 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(30-11-2022, 06:36 PM)Moz Wrote:  Just hope they come up with a solution to the issue they currently have where they can't change the colour of the sofa.

And don't anyone say that they have done - cushion covers look terrible. Anyone who knows anything about design knows that.

I think that the reason that 54D's sofa has to use covers is down to the particular circumstances of that sofa - i.e., the frame seems to be built into the cushion itself. Most TV sofas are more easily dismantleable, with the cushions being easily replaceable on the same frame - Breakfast's old sofa at TVC certainly was. By the looks of things from that image, I suspect the cushions on this sofa are removable and that they will have different cushions for Breakfast and Sport.

I also suspect that the 54D 'issue' is down to Newsnight and Marr moving in a considerable time after the set was designed and built. This time you have a set that is being designed for multiple uses from the outset, so I expect things like ensuring it works for both types of programming will have been considered.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • Former Member 406, Stuart, UTVLifer
Thread Closed