Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

(30-11-2022, 06:24 PM)Jayesyn Wrote:  
(30-11-2022, 05:24 PM)Keith Wrote:  Sadly, the tweet seems to have been deleted.  Don't suppose anyone know has any other links to whatever pics(?) were in that tweet.
[Image: 5AFAFC0C-D3F5-4BB5-8C84-2DB7AEA54E29.jpeg]

Look at all those pizza boxes. They've been burning the midnight oil, clearly.
[-] The following 4 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AxG, bkman1990, UTVLifer, watchingtv

(30-11-2022, 06:24 PM)Jayesyn Wrote:  [Image: 5AFAFC0C-D3F5-4BB5-8C84-2DB7AEA54E29.jpeg]
I wonder if the sofa will be facing that way for Breakfast, or whether it might be rotated 180 degrees. I could imagine screens being behind the sofa, whilst the news/sports room view behind the sofa for the sport NC updates.

Hard to tell from the photo but are there camera tracks in the floor as per studio B? Zooming in it looks like there might be a few grooves in the floor for tracks.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

I suppose it’s conceivable that it could launch on North West Tonight BEFORE it Breakfast viewers get their eyes in it?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

Is this set definitely for NWT as well?

(01-12-2022, 09:16 AM)chris Wrote:  Is this set definitely for NWT as well?

You’d assume so given the way the other sets are rolling out across the country. Although it’ll be a very busy set to switch up if it’s to be used for Sport, Breakfast and NWT. 

I guess NWT could remain in the shoebox. Throw a Monolith in it and a desk and it’s good to go.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

Given that BBC Breakfast and BBC North West Today / Tonight share certain behind the scenes crew and resources. It wouldn't surprise me if NWT does (eventually) come from this set in the long run.
[-] The following 2 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

(01-12-2022, 10:47 AM)AaronLancs Wrote:  Given that BBC Breakfast and BBC North West Today / Tonight share certain behind the scenes crew and resources. It wouldn't surprise me if NWT does (eventually) come from this set in the long run.
With Sportsday currently at 6.30pm on the News Channel I'd have thought that might get priority, at least in the short-medium term. Long term it would make more sense for NWT to come from a studio with more height, given that there's more standing compared to most sports bulletins.

It's almost a pity they can't create a second smaller studio space in the same area that can be used when this new studio/set is in use. Then the current main Breakfast/NWT space could be reused as office space, which I seem to recall was the original/early plan.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

Sportday doesn't necessarily need to be live. It could be recorded at 17:30, after all ITV1 gets away with recording some of their regional evening bulletins where they share a studio.

Alternatively use the existing space if they need to do it live. It's a News Channel programme, so I would expect NWT to take precedence.

NWT certainly need to be out of that current studio. It's looking rather tired now, and the design has never matched the style of any of the other regions.

I'm sure I read somewhere that NWT was staying in its current space - but presumably with a new set. Of course that may have changed, but at some point it was the plan.

Presumably once Breakfast and Sport move back to the new set (which I still think is some months off), NWT could move to the current Sport temporary home (which was of course the NWT second set) while their current set is replaced.
[-] The following 3 users Like steve's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, UTVLifer

(01-12-2022, 01:18 PM)steve Wrote:  I'm sure I read somewhere that NWT was staying in its current space - but presumably with a new set. Of course that may have changed, but at some point it was the plan.

Presumably once Breakfast and Sport move back to the new set (which I still think is some months off), NWT could move to the current Sport temporary home (which was of course the NWT second set) while their current set is replaced.

I too thought I’d read that somewhere.
[-] The following 2 users Like chris's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer
Thread Closed