Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

(24-06-2023, 09:24 AM)Keith Wrote:  The (pre-recorded) report currently being shown on Breakfast is from a different studio.  Could this be the new studio?

Pretty sure that was from the new Reporting Scotland set!

(24-06-2023, 09:12 AM)Spencer Wrote:  I’d love to see them doing this in the new Breakfast/Sport studio. Big Grin
I can't wait to see one 'stumble' as they walk back to the sofa. Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, Spencer

(24-06-2023, 09:28 AM)BN88 Wrote:  Pretty sure that was from the new Reporting Scotland set!

Yes, it was Glasgow. David Wallace Lockhart presented a slightly-different version of the same report on Reporting Scotland last night.

They'll be launching this exactly 5 years (and 1 day!) after the current titles were introduced:

m.youtube.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, Quantum+83, Reith85, SlimyTrain, Superman1986, TVHead, UTVLifer

(23-06-2023, 07:50 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  On the other hand why should North West Tonight get it's own studio when BBC London no longer does?    Ideally both would have their own studios, but it just seems odd the BBC can afford a dedicated regional studio up in Salford but not in London.   
You could say that of almost every other region though. It's just an operational convenience to reduce crew costs in London that makes it possible to share, but the trade off is that London gets to use Studio B

(24-06-2023, 12:11 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  You could say that of almost every other region though. It's just an operational convenience to reduce crew costs in London that makes it possible to share, but the trade off is that London gets to use Studio B

Is London sharing crew though? We know the director for the national and London bulletins are different what about the rest of the gallery team and the floor manager?
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • UTVLifer

(23-06-2023, 06:51 PM)Keith Wrote:  Worth noting that NWT's original Breakfast opt-out which is currently being used by Sport was somehow expanded. Not sure how much bigger it now is as a result.

Presumably NWT's temporary Breakfast bulletin space will be returned to its previous use from next week.
The space used temporarily by Sport (until Monday) wasn't actually expanded. They simply put some plasma screens outside the glass which looked into the neighbouring office space, which gave the impression of a larger area, just like the red barriers outside E in NBH.

It was originally not just used for the Breakfast opts, it also broadcast what was then called the 'Sunday Politics' regional opt, using the window and some tight shots to disguise the limited space with guests squashed into the area in their purple armchairs. They later moved that and subsequent politics programmes to the main studio.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • London Lite, Quantum+83

New logo launched on social media:
i.imgur.com 
Web Image

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

It reminds me somewhat of the branding for the short-lived WorkLife programme on WN just before Covid
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • Michael Wotton, Quantum+83, watchingtv

Surprised no one's mentioned Matt Taylor's Twitter header yet...

[Image: IMG_0369.jpeg]
[-] The following 9 users Like what's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, Former Member 406, Nige, Quantum+83, Reith85, Stuart, thePineapple, TJTSW
Thread Closed