Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

(01-12-2022, 12:09 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Sportday doesn't necessarily need to be live. It could be recorded at 17:30, after all ITV1 gets away with recording some of their regional evening bulletins where they share a studio.

Alternatively use the existing space if they need to do it live. It's a News Channel programme, so I would expect NWT to take precedence.

NWT certainly need to be out of that current studio. It's looking rather tired now, and the design has never matched the style of any of the other regions.
They really couldn’t record a sports programme an hour earlier unless you never want to update viewers of live scores that could be happening at that time. “England are playing in the World Cup right, the score an hour ago was 0-0, we’ve now idea if they’re in the next round”, wouldn’t sound good. Really it’s the sort of programme that could come from any space though but I imagine it’s very much a studio that’s intended for BBC Sport use and it’s probably a bit of a compromise to allow Breakfast to use it in the first place.

The current studio should be fine for North West Tonight it just needs a new set to bring it in line. It just seems that there is an opportunity that exists for Breakfast for a better space without taking much away from sport.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jon's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Pips2022, Stuart, Transmission

I take your point Jon, I guess there are times when Sportsday needs to be live more often than not.

However, that new set looks rather large and elaborate if mainly for sport. I seems to be designed as much for other programmes, so it's unfortunate if NWT remain in their oddly shaped converted office space, even with a new set.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, Jon

I'm nearly sure I heard that sport were moving into the shoebox so Breakfast and NWT could share the new studio. I think sport would be fine in their current (temporary) home. That way the shoebox could be mothballed which would presumably save a bit of money.

(01-12-2022, 04:07 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  I'm nearly sure I heard that sport were moving into the shoebox so Breakfast and NWT could share the new studio. I think sport would be fine in their current (temporary) home. That way the shoebox could be mothballed which would presumably save a bit of money.

Except I think NWT will continue to require two studios otherwise where does NWT go when Newsnight is in Salford?

I could see NWT utilising the current temporary sport set again in future - in fact is it this studio that is used for morning weather forecasts on the news channel when they come from Salford? I presume this still happens from time to time.

(01-12-2022, 04:07 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  I'm nearly sure I heard that sport were moving into the shoebox so Breakfast and NWT could share the new studio. I think sport would be fine in their current (temporary) home. That way the shoebox could be mothballed which would presumably save a bit of money.
There must be a reason for having the windows out onto the BBC Sport newsroom.

However, there is wooden flooring outside the glass which is the same as in parts of the new set, complete with installation for LED lighting at the rim, which makes me think they want to have camera angles looking into the set from the newsroom. 

Perhaps I'm over-thinking it, but specualtion is a nice activity. We'll find out in a few months.   Tongue

(01-12-2022, 09:19 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(01-12-2022, 09:16 AM)chris Wrote:  Is this set definitely for NWT as well?

You’d assume so given the way the other sets are rolling out across the country. Although it’ll be a very busy set to switch up if it’s to be used for Sport, Breakfast and NWT. 

I guess NWT could remain in the shoebox. Throw a Monolith in it and a desk and it’s good to go.

It'd have to be an rather short Monolith to fit one into the shoebox with the low ceiling height

(01-12-2022, 07:39 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  
(01-12-2022, 09:19 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  You’d assume so given the way the other sets are rolling out across the country. Although it’ll be a very busy set to switch up if it’s to be used for Sport, Breakfast and NWT. 

I guess NWT could remain in the shoebox. Throw a Monolith in it and a desk and it’s good to go.

It'd have to be an rather short Monolith to fit one into the shoebox with the low ceiling height
If Ben Thompson can navigate his way around the shoebox then there is definitely room for a short Monolith. ;-)
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

From what I've heard, Breakfast and Sport will come from the ground floor studio space. NWT will remain in their studio for now as they're subject to a separate studio refresh/update (different budget lines and different projects). Don't believe this plan has changed. Ground floor studio is not outfitted for camera tracks, they'll be keeping cameras on peds.

Sport's current studio is the space where regional northwest breakfast opts used to come from. To accommodate them, they had some work done to enlarge the space prior to their temporary move in, which should be quite beneficial once they move back out. Hopefully they leave some of their nice furniture too.

hi mum!
[-] The following 2 users Like Mort's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

BBC Breakfast having a location issue at the moment. Few errors on the graphics over the last week or two.

Unsure if this is the right thread but found a small glimpse of the new studio!

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like W1ll's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, Independent, Moz, UTVLifer, watchingtv
Thread Closed