Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

(24-06-2023, 09:18 PM)what Wrote:  Surprised no one's mentioned Matt Taylor's Twitter header yet...

[Image: IMG_0369.jpeg]

It's odd because presumably the weather will still be presented down-the-line and not in the new studio (unless for particular reasons such as a long-term presenter leaving, or it just so happens that Carol / Matt are in Manchester on a certain day).
[-] The following 4 users Like Reith85's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, Quantum+83, watchingtv

(24-06-2023, 08:55 PM)Josh Wrote:  New logo launched on social media:
i.imgur.com 

I still have no idea what the blue splodge is meant to represent and what it adds.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reith85's post:
  • Hemsright

The branding is gorgeous. Really nice.
[-] The following 11 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • bilky asko, Hemsright, Jayesyn, Newsroom, Nige, ol1xie, Quantum+83, Scrotnig, Superman1986, thePineapple, Will

(24-06-2023, 08:00 PM)Stuart Wrote:  The space used temporarily by Sport (until Monday) wasn't actually expanded. They simply put some plasma screens outside the glass which looked into the neighbouring office space, which gave the impression of a larger area, just like the red barriers outside E in NBH.

It was originally not just used for the Breakfast opts, it also broadcast what was then called the 'Sunday Politics' regional opt, using the window and some tight shots to disguise the limited space with guests squashed into the area in their purple armchairs. They later moved that and subsequent politics programmes to the main studio.
It was expanded. The glass wall was moved out about 1.5 metres
[-] The following 3 users Like JexedBack's post:
  • Hemsright, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(24-06-2023, 09:25 PM)Reith85 Wrote:  It's odd because presumably the weather will still be presented down-the-line and not in the new studio (unless for particular reasons such as a long-term presenter leaving, or it just so happens that Carol / Matt are in Manchester on a certain day.

Either that or they'll have the weather presenter in the studio for a week and make a big fuss of it then it'll all go back to normal with the weather presenter back in London without so much as a word.
[-] The following 5 users Like Alf Stewart's post:
  • AndrewP, Former Member 406, Reith85, TJTSW, UTVLifer

I really like the new branding. Works really well. The strongest it’s been in decades.
[-] The following 7 users Like Scrotnig's post:
  • Brekkie, DeMarkay, Hemsright, Jeff, Newsroom, Nige, Quantum+83

Obviously I'll wait until I see It on screen before I judge it properly, but this actually looks pretty fab. Stark contrast to certain other areas of BBC News presentation!
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • Brekkie, Nige, Quantum+83

(24-06-2023, 09:27 PM)Reith85 Wrote:  I still have no idea what the blue splodge is meant to represent and what it adds.

I think it adds freshness, balance and contrast. Orange is such a weird colour that can look a bit brown unless it has something to compare against.

I love it.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • Nige, Quantum+83, thePineapple

It's probably nothing, but I was passing Quay House yesterday evening and saw that the monoliths were being tested, with one showing the North West Tonight logo - poorly cropped and cut off, admittedly, so it wasn't as if special graphics had been designed for the screens. But perhaps testing to see how the news would work from this new set?

Also I saw some new vinyls had been stuck to the walls opposite the window (presumably only visible when the set's facing in the direction for Sport). They were predominantly turquoise, with just a bit of yellow. Seemed to be quite a departure from the previous look for the sports news, reminded me of EE's branding actually.

I wonder whether it was a deliberate decision to give Breakfast and Sport quite similar colour schemes (yellow + turquoise / orange + blue), given they're sharing a studio and the room around it?

(25-06-2023, 02:46 AM)warbler Wrote:  I wonder whether it was a deliberate decision to give Breakfast and Sport quite similar colour schemes (yellow + turquoise / orange + blue), given they're sharing a studio and the room around it?
They are both completely different colour schemes. The only similarity is that they are made up of err . . . colours. Confused
[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • chaose, DeMarkay, EastCoast, Jayesyn, London Lite
Thread Closed