Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

(25-06-2023, 08:25 AM)watchingtv Wrote:  Sorry to derail the thread further. I'm sure Carol did BBC Radio 2 forecasts very close to the timing of BBC Breakfast ones????

Yes in the Chris Evans Breakfast show. I think it is more down to the number of outlets you are covering that is the issue and that was a single forecast rather than every 30/60 minutes depending on the station.
[-] The following 3 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • Quantum+83, Superman1986, thePineapple

Some behind the scenes pics of the current Breakfast/NWT set being built

twitter.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AIB01WB, Alf Stewart, AndrewP, Former Member 406, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rolling News, Stuart

(25-06-2023, 09:12 AM)m_in_m Wrote:  Yes in the Chris Evans Breakfast show. I think it is more down to the number of outlets you are covering that is the issue and that was a single forecast rather than every 30/60 minutes depending on the station.

These continued for a few years and stopped providing regular forecasts around 20/21, now they just pop up for special events for example Matt Taylor did one on Friday for Glastonbury.

(25-06-2023, 09:17 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Some behind the scenes pics of the current Breakfast/NWT set being built

twitter.com 

Interesting was a full height desk initially planned for the studio?

(25-06-2023, 09:17 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Some behind the scenes pics of the current Breakfast/NWT set being built

twitter.com 
That's a nice find, UTVLifer. They could've had quite a good view across to the Lowry Centre or Imperial War Museum, which wouldn't have included any pesky pedestrians walking past up there on the 2nd floor.

However, I guess they were scared by the disaster that was ITV's Daybreak v1 with their 'winter difficulties' of a real view from TLS7 because of reflections.

I presume they'll manage to get one of the IKEA flat pack sets in there over the next few months for NWT.

I think the full size desk was perhaps for the opt-out studio down the corridor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • UTVLifer

We won't ever see this particular sign off/ident on TV again after today, so I've saved it for our little 'geekdom'.  Big Grin

youtu.be 
[-] The following 8 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple, TVHead, UTVLifer

(25-06-2023, 10:27 AM)Stuart Wrote:  We won't ever see this particular sign off/ident on TV again after today, so I've saved it for our little 'geekdom'.  Big Grin

youtu.be 

I’m surprised we had nothing along the lines of “do join us in our brand new studio with a new look Breakfast from tomorrow at 6am” like they have done in previous rebrands. Which suggests they’re keeping this low key.
[-] The following 7 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, Former Member 406, Hemsright, oscillon, Quantum+83, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(25-06-2023, 11:05 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  I’m surprised we had nothing along the lines of “do join us in our brand new studio with a new look Breakfast from tomorrow at 6am” like they have done in previous rebrands. Which suggests they’re keeping this low key.

I thought the same, but with the programme in full news mode this morning, perhaps it was deemed inappropriate?
[-] The following 4 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • Former Member 406, Reith85, Rolling News, Superman1986

(25-06-2023, 11:05 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  I’m surprised we had nothing along the lines of “do join us in our brand new studio with a new look Breakfast from tomorrow at 6am” like they have done in previous rebrands. Which suggests they’re keeping this low key.
That would have made sense if it had been regular presenters announcing the change. However, we all know that those presenting on Sundays are chosen at random using a small 'bingo machine' . . . Tongue

[-] The following 7 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, Rob Francis, Rolling News, TJTSW, UTVLifer, watchingtv, xlalonce

(25-06-2023, 07:50 AM)m_in_m Wrote:  I think Simon King now covers the Radio 4 Today programme forecasts as well. Adding TV might just be a step too far.

He has done all three, admittedly it was a Saturday 
(1) Simon King on Twitter: "Hot, humid and the risk of thunderstorms… 🥵⚡️ I’ve got the forecast this morning on @BBCBreakfast, @BBCr4today and @bbc5live 👍 t.co " / Twitter
[-] The following 5 users Like NickyBoy's post:
  • AaronLancs, Michael 18, oscillon, UTVLifer, watchingtv

(25-06-2023, 06:39 AM)Rogo23 Wrote:  Turning Breakfast into its own brand could help them achieve better brand recognition, increased advertiser spending, more public engagement and make the future of the program more certain as viewing habits change.
Don't think advertiser spending comes into any decisions about BBC Breakfast

(25-06-2023, 03:20 PM)NickyBoy Wrote:  He has done all three, admittedly it was a Saturday 
Are there less radio weather forecasts on a Saturday morning compared to a weekday morning?
[-] The following 2 users Like excel99's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko
Thread Closed