Thread Closed

BBC Breakfast

Interesting that there seems to be a Monolith tower in the newsroom
[-] The following 2 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

That sofa looks pretty cramped!

(22-12-2022, 03:17 AM)chris Wrote:  That sofa looks pretty cramped!
It does looked rather compact, but you can't actually see all of it there. The previous picture we've seen (repeated below) made it look the same size as the current one, but now it seems the diameter could be shorter.

I hope that's not the final resting place for the sofa. It would be a waste of a nice set if it was.

[Image: Breakfast-New-2022.jpg]

(21-12-2022, 11:41 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  Interesting that there seems to be a Monolith tower in the newsroom

You can also see the reflection of another tower screen in the glass displaying the words ‘TOWER A’ and a BBC News logo.
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, CF1

The old sofa seated six, and this one seems to as well, so perhaps not all that different?
[-] The following 3 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, Former Member 406

(22-12-2022, 04:38 AM)Stuart Wrote:  
It does looked rather compact, but you can't actually see all of it there. The previous picture we've seen (repeated below) made it look the same size as the current one, but now it seems the diameter could be shorter.

I hope that's not the final resting place for the sofa. It would be a waste of a nice set if it was.

[Image: Breakfast-New-2022.jpg]
Hopefully it's just in that place whilst the big video wall(?) is being assembled in the back of that picture. I could imagine that for Breakfast the sofa might be rotated so that it was in front of those screens, so that the newsroom wasn't visible for Breakfast. Then potentially having it in that position during the day for Sports bulletins would allow it to look similar to how it currently is/was.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

Why would they not have the newsroom as the background when a newsroom is the background in literally every other set they have?
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, UTVLifer

(22-12-2022, 01:26 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Why would they not have the newsroom as the background when a newsroom is the background in literally every other set they have?
Apart from in the current and most of the previous BBC Breakfast sets.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • bkman1990, Stuart

(22-12-2022, 01:35 PM)Keith Wrote:  Apart from in the current and most of the previous BBC Breakfast sets.

Though, to be fair, given that most previous Breakfast sets have been fairly poor, I don't think we should give too much weight to precedence in this instance.

Actually in two of the three - including the current - backdrops have had fake newsrooms. Albeit the one in Salford is more of a continuation of the TC7 one to be honest and even for me leaves a lot to be desired.

2009-2012
[Image: 0008.jpg]

2012-2018
[Image: 9-5.jpg]

Both Images Sourced from TV Live: BBC Breakfast
Thread Closed