US Midterms 2022

I like Jake Tapper but yeah he isn't Wolf Blitzer when it comes to elections. His announcements just sound like your typical next train station announcer notice and whilst he is an excellent presenter, he lacks a bit of oomph when it comes to elections. I am talking about the Primary election coverage and the Virginia Governor's race where he was good but he just sounded a bit bored to be presenting.
[-] The following 3 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • bkman1990, Jeff, Medianext.MX

Great to see Katty Kay on our screens last week and this week of course.

Does anyone know what Laura Trevelyan’s role is during the Midterm Coverage. Can’t have been an easy pill to swallow making way for the return of an anchor who jumped ship and then came back(ish).
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Kojak, UTVLifer

Laura Trevelyan will be taking over the coverage from 12pm GMT from Katty and Christian in terms of News Channel coverage after the two of them present from 11:15pm tomorrow night until 7:30am on Wednesday Morning, with the NC joining Breakfast 90 minutes later than usual

Christian will be back on air from Washington from 4pm GMT on Wednesday until Sportsday at 6:30pm, before returning for The Context that evening
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom

What studio is Christian and Katty in? Looks like elements of world news America studio but different back drop.

It's the same Washington studio. If I remember rightly, the large screens are on rails so can be moved around... for The Context (and presumably for coverage), they've pushed the screens together to create one big backdrop.
[-] The following 4 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • bkman1990, Chud, Medianext.MX, UTVLifer

(08-11-2022, 12:53 AM)Chud Wrote:  What studio is Christian and Katty in? Looks like elements of world news America studio but different back drop.
They’re in that same studio. It’s been adapted for the Midterm coverage. There are curved screens where you’d usually see the doorway, stretching right around the where they’ve installed a touch screen. 

I’ve been wondering if they’ll finally open that second wing on the desk when tomorrow’s special gets underway.

www.clickspringdesign.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Chud, Medianext.MX, Stuart, UTVLifer

(07-11-2022, 03:33 PM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  A CBS staffer has published a sneak peek of their election coverage set. Almost everything of the CBS Mornings set is retained, except for a hideous-looking anchor desk. Their coverage will air simultaneously on the network and the CBS News streaming network, continuously live in all time zones from 5pm up until 2am. Network coverage will start at 8pm and continue during prime time, with affiliates able to continue taking coverage after their late local news, Colbert and Corden.

cdn.discordapp.com 
Here's the full set in promo for tomorrow's coverage:
youtu.be 

And the lower-thirds on the night before:
youtu.be 

Aside from the overlaid Washington Monument at the end of the promo, they also did a virtual display (or balcony, of sorts?) on their NYC building:
[Image: image.thumb.png.337a4abea7a05cb8abb07d6897122fa0.png]
(From TVNewsTalk)

Over on MSNBC, this is their new set for the coverage, with a brighter desk and flatter graphics than 4 years before:
www.youtube.com 

Versus their 2018 live:
www.youtube.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 2 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • bkman1990, Medianext.MX

Strangely straight desks on CBS - they look a bit like judges on a reality show. I much prefer how they used the same space in 2020.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mark's post:
  • UTVLifer

CNN kicked off the day at 4am EST with 'CNN This Morning' and handed over to Anderson Cooper at 9am. I'm assuming he'll be on until Wolf Blitzer and Erin Burnett take over at Noon. A super long day for Cooper as he's featuring in the main coverage later.

The BBC’s DC studio looks even better than usual on election mode

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, Medianext.MX, Stuart