US Midterms 2022

(08-11-2022, 08:20 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  The BBC’s DC studio looks even better than usual on election mode

twitter.com 

Forgive me, but I've not checked, are the BBC doing an overnight election results show?

If they are is it World News driven, or News Channel?

(09-11-2022, 12:23 AM)JayCasey Wrote:  
(08-11-2022, 08:20 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  The BBC’s DC studio looks even better than usual on election mode

twitter.com 

Forgive me, but I've not checked, are the BBC doing an overnight election results show?

If they are is it World News driven, or News Channel?
8 hours solid. BBC 2, then 1, NC and World.

(08-11-2022, 11:59 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  If they change the theme tune too soon I shall be back protesting!

It’s utterly spectacular!

Splendid, something to watch when I get home then!

BBC graphics seem to have bold text for the secondary text on the straps. Are the cameras in SD too?

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(09-11-2022, 12:28 AM)Josh Wrote:  BBC graphics seem to have bold text for the secondary text on the straps. Are the cameras in SD too?

Missing the clock too... World feed possibly?

As seen earlier in that tweet, the Washington gallery is controlling the coverage, which means they are controlling the graphics as well. It's not going through the two separate engines for the NC and World.

(09-11-2022, 12:38 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  As seen earlier in that tweet, the Washington gallery is controlling the coverage, which means they are controlling the graphics as well. It's not going through the two separate engines for the NC and World.

Apologies, I should have paid attention!

Having a quick look now - the lower third graphics aren't great! The font weight for the secondary text is way off. It's like they've tried to mock up the graphics without having a template...

(09-11-2022, 01:11 AM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Having a quick look now - the lower third graphics aren't great! The font weight for the secondary text is way off. It's like they've tried to mock up the graphics without having a template...

twitter.com 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • Medianext.MX

I caught the tail end of the US network coverage early this morning.

As is normally the case, I thought NBC's coverage looked best. A very similar look to 2020.

I can see why CBS needed such a straight main anchor desk, as it was the only way to create any kind of flow between it and the two smaller desks in the wing on the left, given the shape of the set. It looked OK but I prefer what they did in 2020.

As for ABC, I used to love their election coverage when it came from Times Square but it hasn't been the same for me since they moved to TV3. Last night the set just felt like a dark, crowded mess - they even had 3 people standing at a row of separate touch screens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mark's post:
  • Medianext.MX