Deal Or No Deal

(14-01-2024, 04:51 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  I'm seeing this pulgged by NBC on the NFL coverage. A whole new version of Deal or No Deal they are about to air: Deal or No Deal Island. It has been described as 'Deal or No Deal meet Survivor' and will be hosted by actor Joe Manganiello. Certainly quite the departure from the original cosy studio version.

www.nbc.com 

For those who can’t see anything:

youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • RhysJR

(14-01-2024, 03:06 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  For those who can’t see anything:

youtu.be 
Wow! So literally it's Deal or No Deal, but as a scavenger hunt on The Banker's private island.

Personally, if ITV opted to commission this for their event-based prime time slot, current host, Stephen Mulhern, will step in to host it.

It's like a fusion of Survivor, I'm A Celebrity & Deal or No Deal. I'm not sure we need it here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

It actually doesn't look as bad as I thought. If anything the weak point is just playing the game at the end.

youtu.be 

Stephen has 'confirmed' Series 2 has been given the green light, will film in June and air in September
[-] The following 10 users Like Johnr's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, Brekkie, callumwatchestelly, Happy2001, Juicy Joe, Quantum+83, SuperSajuuk, Transmission, TVNerd

Wonder if they keep the same contestants then - should do really but if it's only 20 episodes again (I suspect it'll be more though) the bulk of new contestants may not get the chance to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Transmission

(25-01-2024, 12:09 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Wonder if they keep the same contestants then - should do really but if it's only 20 episodes again (I suspect it'll be more though) the bulk of new contestants may not get the chance to play.

Yeah, one even jumped ship on the last episode. They need to make a regular commitment if this show is going to work on itv. Or they could go the route of making it a Saturday night prime time show, have celebrities in the place of the contestants, with the contestant chosen from the audience. That would work better if itv were hesitant to give ot a regular slot.

I’m sure they’d use the same contestants if they can they’re available and alive. (A couple were getting on a bit)

(24-01-2024, 11:27 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Stephen has 'confirmed' Series 2 has been given the green light, will film in June and air in September
Surprised they’ve not tried to get it back on air sooner to be honest.

But I guess by the time they could get a run filmed, you’d nearly be in summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(25-01-2024, 12:22 AM)ckck1704 Wrote:  Yeah, one even jumped ship on the last episode. They need to make a regular commitment if this show is going to work on itv. Or they could go the route of making it a Saturday night prime time show, have celebrities in the place of the contestants, with the contestant chosen from the audience. That would work better if itv were hesitant to give ot a regular slot.

That wouldn't work at all - you need to get to know the contestants a bit in the wings. Of course some make themselves more known than others - of the 21 left there are probably no more than 5 I'd feel were hard done by if they didn't get the chance to return.

It doesn't need to be a year round show but does IMO needs to be a couple of 6-8 week series a year.

Maybe a way to get around that would be to have the playing contestant return to the wings as a box opener after each episode, so we see the same faces in every episode as either player or opener?