Deal Or No Deal

(19-01-2023, 11:59 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  They could try it at 5pm and give The Chase a bit of a break.

That's not going to happen like ever. More likely for 3pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • cando

(20-01-2023, 12:36 AM)XIII Wrote:  
(19-01-2023, 11:59 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  They could try it at 5pm and give The Chase a bit of a break.

That's not going to happen like ever. More likely for 3pm.
Buzzer Blog seemed to be think 5pm is where it was going a few weeks back rotating with The Chase unlike when it was on Channel 4 it won’t be up against an ITV gameshow. Of course they’ve taken it off before to try other things and it’s a bit gameshow brand.

I believe it is intended for 5pm.

I loved the show at it's peak, and like many thought once it expanded to an hour the decline slowly but surely seemed to set in and I don't think there is much of a clamour for it to return.

Also for a short run I'm guessing they'll do it with friends and family opening the boxes as clearly if they use future contestants at least two from the opening show wouldn't get to play in a 20 episode run (assuming 22 boxes).

3pm rotates between Tenable and Lingo, so it wouldn't surprise me if for those four weeks, neither of those are on and Tipping Point and The Chase both move back an hour! 5pm is risky though as it means it'll clash with Pointless.

(20-01-2023, 12:14 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  3pm rotates between Tenable and Lingo, so it wouldn't surprise me if for those four weeks, neither of those are on and Tipping Point and The Chase both move back an hour! 5pm is risky though as it means it'll clash with Pointless.

Pointless has been a distant second to The Chase for quite some time now and tends to be in repeats more often than it is not.    Is back to new episodes on Monday though with 22 new episodes with Konnie Huq, Alex Brooker and Ed Gamble.  Not sure if there has been another filming block since these, presumably with another set of guest hosts.

When was the last time a daytime show had an actual studio audience? I'm probably missing a really obvious example but Deal Or No Deal could be the first in a while!

In terms of daytime gameshows it was only Countdown and Pointless who really had one anyway and they haven't since covid and seem unlikely to reintroduce them.

(20-01-2023, 01:34 PM)Johnr Wrote:  When was the last time a daytime show had an actual studio audience?  I'm probably missing a really obvious example but Deal Or No Deal could be the first in a while.
Jeremy Vine on Channel 5?

(20-01-2023, 03:07 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  
(20-01-2023, 01:34 PM)Johnr Wrote:  When was the last time a daytime show had an actual studio audience?  I'm probably missing a really obvious example but Deal Or No Deal could be the first in a while.
Jeremy Vine on Channel 5?
They haven’t had their audience return since the pandemic and at this stage clearly they have no intention to. Loose Women has regained an audience I believe though.

In terms of money, I wonder if £250,000 will be the top prize or if they'll lower it?